Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
She made me cry.
Rumble88 Wrote:I love my mother more than my father because.. well because she is my mother. I can't imagine what it would be like to have 2 fathers and no mother. I couldn't handle having two of my dad instead of my mom!

Please try to show sensitivity to some of the gay parents here.

Aw. That broke my heart a little bit. )-;

But you know, you have to keep up the hope that there are most definitely ways to have children, even if you're a gay man. The worst way to think of this is to think that the possibility of having children is so small its negligible. It's not, it's a possibility, and each possibility no matter how small has an equal validity, and fundamentally can come true.

I know, Rumble, what you are saying but YOU are not your dad, and I presume your gay partner would not be either... Anyway, the child would always have a mum... there's no way, for the moment that he can't have a mum, even if she's not very present in his or her life. After all, you have to remember that many a child in the past (and today still) has lost his / her mother in childbirth and has been raised by his / her father and the rest of the family. The child would be better off with two parents who really care for and love him / her rather than two parents who don't know how to raise children.

About what pix said; i want to apologise from everyone, i didn't mean to hurt anyone. But my father is really shallow and doesn't really care about me. He want me to be his perfect little son who will do everything he says. And i heard so many people has dads like this. I meant this. I am really sorry if i offended anyone. And i will not adopt or do anything until i will be hundred percent sure that he or she will have the perfect life with me including money and personal issues.

Don't put the bar too high, Rumbles... There are plenty of people who don't even give it a thought. They just have the kids and then wonder how they can manage. Your intentions are honourable, though.

Pix Wrote:Please try to show sensitivity to some of the gay parents here.

First, I am speaking from such a position of total comfort because I "didn't get to pick" - things happened and as the dad I just kept making lemonade. That's what ya have to do once the ship has set sail and buccaneers on board - I was gonna type four pages about it but I caught myself. Smile
I just wanted to say that where Rumble lives, the culture may be rough and unlike here, the people don't just look at the detractants and say "That's nice, but this is the United States and we invite anybody who doesn't like us to go to Hel*, especially each other" - Backed up by the other half of the neighborhood, because we've had single and gay parents on the roaster so long that they have as much friendship and support as opposition.
In his culture they may not be there and not the internal, but the external influences and forces may be meaner and more heartless than some of the rest of us encounter.
But I also wanna say Rumble - you got to change, learn and grow because when you do go to have babies? You better forget Fear, Doubt and Weakness completely because that ruins a child much more than having one or same sex parents.
Think you aren't smart or tough enough? YOU'RE NOT! (me neither) only this Heart is - again, the secret that reveals the way and trumps everything else so well, even a dummy can and everybody knows even a dummy knows Heart
I think you'll be alright..... Wink

Rumble88 Wrote:I love my mother more than my father because.. well because she is my mother. I can't imagine what it would be like to have 2 fathers and no mother. I couldn't handle having two of my dad instead of my mom!

Well there is horrible mothers and fathers out there, just because one is a girl doesn't it mean that she would make a perfect mother, or the opposite with men. You were lucky have a nice mother, and I don't see it how it would make any difference if its 2 mothers or 2 fathers than the stereotypical family with a mom and a dad. Lets not forget that a kid of 4 years old can't judge what is normal or not, that is something WE influence them with, so having 2 dad's wouldn't matter. Although, if one is being raised with 2 same sex parents, he or she wouldn't know how it would've been to have a mother, or a father.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Thank you all for being supportive and comforting. I love you all.