Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to regret the choices ive made?
At about 19 I told myself I would wait to fall in love before I slept with someone. The lack confidence and body body issues made me go in that path.
Getting older im starting to feel better about myself. I started working out about 2 years ago am im pretty happy with what I have right now (still needs a little work)

But im starting to regret that choice, at 26 im still a virgin. I didn't feel like this a few weeks ago :/
I did mess around with a guy about a year ago, but it was so bad I was 99% sure I wasn't gay. Now I feel like I wanna go out and just mess with a few gays, nothing serious.

Has anyone waited that long, or waited till they fell in love? Was it worth it even if you broke up?
Is anyone still a virgin at my age (or older?)

I didn't fool around with a guy until I turned 25....and then it was with a hitchhiker, who ended up being not-so-hot in the sex department. Do I regret it? Not really. Yeah, had I started earlier, I probably would've had more experience, and a lot of enjoyable encounters. But it's been all kinds of enjoyable since I started. Smile

Lex

I'm 25 & still a virgin. I had body issues around the age of 19 as well, which was what I thought led to me not having sex. I soon realized that not too many guys cared.

Abstinence is not easy because sex is everywhere we turn. Some people think it's just sex; it's no big deal. I don't think so. I view to be very personal. Therefore, I would need some kind of emotional connection. That's a struggle! But that's just how I am & I know that now.

I will say be very careful if you find yourself hooking up out of desperation! I've heard plenty of stories from folks (straight & gay) who were so wrapped up in their first couple of times, they forgot to be safe!

One of the dangers of making BIG DECISIONS when you are young is that youmay think differently later. There is often wisdom in changing your mind and acting on things differently once you have had some time to consider.
I bid NO Trump!

Mark88 Wrote:...Is anyone still a virgin at my age (or older?)
I'm pen-pals with a 26yo guy in Wiggan who WAS a virgin when we first started chatting about a year ago. Not too long after that he started dating a guy and they were sexual. They broke up after a month or so and to my knowledge he hasn't been with anyone since. Just saying, it may be "unusual" but, no, you're not the only one.

The way I see it is that you're still a young man and still at a prime age and therefore...its not too late for you to go after what you didn't when you were younger. For me...the best part of your story is that you are now at an age where you know better on a lot of situations where at an earlier age ...you may have not have known due to lack of wisdom and experience. I would say stop regretting and go for it because the way I see it..you are now a better man...God Bless...JS

Don't ever regret decisions you have made. You can't undo them, you can only learn from them.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm not saying to should just throw it at any breathing thing in a public restroom...

... but also unless you're a Disney Princess with a dowry of cattle, land, riches, heir to the kingdom bloodlines... you might not want such a tight grip on that virginity.

Find a fine line between throwing it away and just giving it away.

Borg69 Wrote:I'm not saying to should just throw it at any breathing thing in a public restroom...

... but also unless you're a Disney Princess with a dowry of cattle, land, riches, heir to the kingdom bloodlines... you might not want such a tight grip on that virginity.

Find a fine line between throwing it away and just giving it away.

This is the best response I've read on this subject. Sounds like something I would say.

my own experience is that I wish I would have waited until I was older to become sexually active. I was 17 when I started being, well... a bit promiscuous. there were a lot of empty encounters that left me feeling empty and frankly used.

I would add to what has already been eloquently said here, don't do anything you're uncomfortable with, don't do it just for the sake of doing it. you're the best judge of what feels right. gay men are notorious for having sex first and getting to know each other afterward.

If I had it to do over again, and now at my ripe old age, I would get to know someone first and then see where it goes from there. you're not just a piece of meat...

having said that, a fuck bud is not necessarily a bad thing if they're a human being and don't treat you like a piece of meat. men are horny and we have to deal with that and there's nothing wrong with it as long as we remember that our partners are human beings with feelings...