Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Bullying, Stop Suicide.
Thanks for sharing marvinteck, I couldn't imagine having your hair set on fire, but I sure can imagine everything else you said and can relate to your experience and feelings. thank you.

72jay Wrote:Even worse than those who simply commit suicide are the ones who totally snap and go on a shooting rampage through their school Sad We've all seen results of this on the news :eek: There's probably a few people here where that was their city/town on the news as well...

dfiant Wrote:That has always been one of my strongest comebacks to the ignorant who think bully victims need to harden up...the mention of 2 names...Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold...usually make a strong arguement for bullying being dangerous

Last fall on my 28th birthday we had a school shooting here locally. The kid brought two knives, two pipe bombs and a gun to school in his backpack. He was planning on shooting the school resource officer and then go on a killing spree inside the school. The kid had been bullied in school and wanted to recreate the scene from Columbine. He had a hit list of people he wanted to kill before he killed himself. Luckily the school resource officer stopped him before he could ultimately carry out his plan. Here is two news articles on the shooting.
http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/08/13/233...about.html

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/15259500/s...dbye-video

I remember hearing about that and feeling desperately sad for the boy. He should have been sent to therapy not prison.

Thank you to all of you that have 'thanked' my original post to let people know that you want to help them. It's an amazing thing you are doing.

And the people that have shared their stories in this thread and with me in private, you guys are all amazing Smile

I too was once bullied at school, was a social outcast, was known as a freak, was called all kinds of things even the once "faggot" word, hate that word with a passion.

I learned to not be such a so called cry baby about things, but here was the problem. Sometimes the bullying would edge onto physical abuse. Like Marvinteck says, if i ever told a teacher it was being a snitch, and the bullying would only get worse. And at the time, none of the teachers really did a thing about it. Some went on the policy of, if i didn't see it, then i wont believe it. which was quite stupid. The only time something was ever done about it, was when Mr. Bazan, which in my opinion actually cared, was the principle. My family was a bit poor then as well, so i couldn't afford the so called "latest in fashion trends" I too had thoughts about ending my life, even thoughts of running away, from school, from home (this was when my mothers drinking was out of control)

Then out of the blue, comes along this guy named Caleb Whiteman. What i thought was strange was, he was the only one who would actually talk to me like a normal person. Well now, over two years later, he has come to be my closest friend. He is just one of the reasons i never went through with suicide, because he made me feel like i belonged. He was also the first i told of my sexuality. Plus, the second reason i never went through with it was because my little nephew, Caleb Trejo, was born. And i thought it a selfish thing, taking my own life and him never getting the chance to know his own uncle.

now the BULLYING has mostly stopped. I still am kinda a social outcast, but not like before. And the oddest thing is, the ones who used to bully me, most of them have become my friends. Me and Caleb have grown closer hell we are almost inseperable at school :p People have started to think me and him are going out, even though most of them know he is straight. I just laugh now when someone asks if it's true. xD

Anyways, point is, things eventually do get better. My wish though, is that it gets better for everyone who has been a victim of BULLYING, LGBT bashing, or any form of mental or physical abuse, both at the school, and the workplace.

Thank you for sharing Lovelyraveboy

I'm so happy to hear that things are going well for you, warms the heart

sometimes all someone needs is someone to listen to them, and feel like they have some sort of purpose. When you get a REAL friend you learn that purpose. let me guide you. If you need someone to speak to pass me a pm. I'll lend you my ear and a fraction of my heart. I'll be your friend too. <3

Well said Lewis, and thank you

I had some ideas about some anti bullying images. haven't gotten round to creating them yet but when/if I do I'll post them here to see what you guys think Smile

Lok forward to it, thanks rawr