Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straight People just don't get it.
I was talking with a straight female friend last night about my situation with the barista guy I like and she said that gay men are different from straight men. She said that if a straight guy likes a girl he will court her until their relationship grows. Because when I told her about the guy I like being active in the beginning and then slacking off a bit, she said that if a straight guy did that with a girl he would jeopardize his chances in getting her. She said that gays have a different agenda. So I told her that not all gays are like that.There happen to be gay couples out there who have been together for years.They dated and courted and had a romance. So she said,"Is that the rule or the exception?" But she fails to realize that there are straight guys out there who will go after a girl to just fuck her and dump her.In fact I heard that only about 50% of straight marriages last today.I told her that it depends on the guy and that it has nothing to do with whether you're gay or straight.I couldn't help but be a little upset with what she said.Don't get me wrong,she's a wonderful person but I was just taken aback when she said that.It made me realize that straight people have a whole convoluted idea about gay people.Am I right?

abcd1234 Wrote:She said that gays have a different agenda. So I told her that not all gays are like that....It made me realize that straight people have a whole convoluted idea about gay people.Am I right?
. .

No.

Lex

I doubt straight people care what gay people are like unless the press tells them , I work with tons of straight guys and I bet not many could tell me the name of the women they had sex with last week , and the women could not name them either - thank god im not like that ...would hate to have that life style

I've heard worse, maybe not all straight people have the same thinking but I guess there's some that try to come to their on conclusion with zero evidence. this reminds me of a guy at work that tries to tell the women how they behave and even though the women tell him he's wrong he's so deep in his b.s. the doesn't listen.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

And this girl knows all of this how?
I bid NO Trump!

I feel you had a right to be taken aback....what people fail to realize is there really isn't any difference between gay and straight....it's all about the person...some people cheat....some people just want to fuck....and then there are people like me and my husband who did date and have the all night talks....danced in the rain...and married after four years....we don't hook up with people...or invite people into our relationship...we are a normal married couple who love each other unconditionally ----Barry

So, you are upset about this girl generalizing gay guys, so you go and generalize straight people? I don't get it.

I'm not generalizing straight people.That was my observation that not all straight guys court the girl like she says and not all gay men have one night stands.

Quote:It made me realize that straight people have a whole convoluted idea about gay people.Am I right?

uhhhh...that is a pretty general statement.

What you meant to say is that you know one woman with a fucked up idea of how both straight and homo relationships can work.

And have you asked the guy if he wants to fuck yet? Or at least go out on a date?

Hell...I wish she was right...nothing like fucking and then getting to know someone...it is the best way to go about it IMO...

She is a dollar short and a day late though...a lot of gays are now doing the homonormative thing...dating and marriage.....UGH...