Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thinking of making a move on someone... am I gauging this properly though?
I've posted about this before a month or so ago, but my interactions with this guy and the way he acts toward me is highly suspicious and has continued, so I wanted some perspective. I'm thinking of working up the nerve to approaching this guy for real, which is a huge thing for me. I'll have to gauge the situation a bit more before I do anything drastic, but it's gotten to the point that I feel it would be weird for me NOT to question his apparent actions. I go to his work a lot and he's always overly friendly to me— more than he is with other customers from what I can tell. At first I thought nothing of it, but then one time he stared me dead on in the eyes and told me to have a lovely night, smiled a big smile, and then appeared to stop himself from saying something else, and then just waved bye. He's had his co-workers help other people so that he could help me (at least that's what it looked like). He strikes me as being perceivably gay (feminine, soft speaking voice, the way he carries himself), and goes out of his way to bid me farewell sometimes. Recently, I was leaving after being helped by one of his co-workers and walked past him and as I was walking past, he looked up and told me to take care— I naturally flipped around, and he was staring me straight in the face, smiling huge, and then flashing me a peace sign before waving. Is that not... unusual?

That said, all this could just mean he's being friendly and nothing more, but it seems odd for him to give that much attention to a customer as frequently as he does. None of the other workers there are remotely like that to me. I've never been treated like that by a male clerk, ever. Not even females, really. It's not like it's just in passing or something either; it's as if he goes out of his way to pay attention to me in any way he can, even if it's just to say bye to me. None of his other co-workers are like that, so, as I said, it strikes me as unusual and seems suspicious.

Like I said, I'm gonna give it more time to try and figure out what's going on there, but I sense something based on the way he acts toward me. It's actually sort of brazen. Most dudes don't do/say the things he has to other dudes while they're at work, especially if they don't know they're gay. Maybe he can just tell I am, or is rolling the dice. He's halfway discreet, but I get the itching feeling that he might have a thing for me. I'm going to take it slow and see if there are any other hints or occurrences in the near future when I stop by there (which is regularly), and if I have the opportunity, I'm going to either strike up a conversation or force him to introduce himself to me. We'll see.

It's possible. IT's also equally possible he really IS just that friendly. Next time you're in the store watch his interactions with other customers. Or ask another employee if he's always that nice (Phrase it like an intended second hand compliment). After you find out that THEN make a move.

TimeSage Wrote:It's possible. IT's also equally possible he really IS just that friendly. Next time you're in the store watch his interactions with other customers. Or ask another employee if he's always that nice (Phrase it like an intended second hand compliment). After you find out that THEN make a move.

That's a good idea actually. I'll try and pay more close attention to how he is to other people, but from what I have seen, he's not so... forwardly(?) friendly, if that's the right word. The way he speaks to me almost seems flirtatious at times. I'll keep my eye out next time I'm there. For whatever reasons I get a weird vibe from him, but I could be misinterpreting.

One of the most daunting task we LGBT people have is finding out if the person we like is also gay, and then finding out if he/she is interested in us.

The first step is to let the person your interested in, know that you are gay. Wearing a gay tee-shirt the next time you see the person your interested in - will let him know your available.

Example:

[Image: nextboyfriend.jpg]
We Have Elvis !!

Couldn't have put it any better my self, Pellaz!

If all doesn't go according to plan, think of the money you'll save not having to call in every day and buy something just to get to see him and indulge in his "above excellent" customer service skills.

Please do let us know how you get on and if I should buy a new hat.

I do so love gayspeak weddings!

We have our fingers crossed for you.

I have kind of the same thing going on right now. There is a guy that works at a clothing store in the mall near me. We've exchanged a lot of looks and I've seen him at a gay function before. I'm not sure he would have remembered me though. It's taken a few weeks or so, but I have managed to have some conversations with him. He has made it a point to tell me that he's a manager and was very helpful to find sizes for me while trying on clothes in the dressing room. Our last conversation, we stood and talked for about five minutes. I'm considering asking him to coffee or something. I hope it works for you!

Double007 Wrote:I have kind of the same thing going on right now. There is a guy that works at a clothing store in the mall near me. We've exchanged a lot of looks and I've seen him at a gay function before. I'm not sure he would have remembered me though. It's taken a few weeks or so, but I have managed to have some conversations with him. He has made it a point to tell me that he's a manager and was very helpful to find sizes for me while trying on clothes in the dressing room. Our last conversation, we stood and talked for about five minutes. I'm considering asking him to coffee or something. I hope it works for you!

Thanks, you as well! Maybe we'll both find prince charmings? Hahaha.

It's a weird situation though and kind of difficult to approach, but it's been going on for several months and hasn't seemed to let up, so that is one thing that raises red flags to me.

I haven't seen this guy before outside of his work like you have seen yours, but I absolutely get gay vibes from him. It takes one to know one, right? I mean, could be wrong judgment on my part, but even if he's not gay, he couldn't exactly blame me for thinking he is.

Since you saw your guy at a gay function, I think the ball is totally in your court and that he's more than likely into guys, and, thus, more likely to be into you. If I were you, I'd be even more forward since the chances are higher. It's difficult enough to ask someone out or for their phone number or something, but it's even more difficult if you don't know the orientation of the person for sure, and the likelihood of the entire thing panning out hinges completely on that.

For me, they're usually fairly busy whenever I stop in, although the time when he started to say something to me and stopped himself, I was the only one around and it was late. He almost started to say something, stopped, and then looked down, almost like he was embarrassed. The thing is is I just don't get guys who stare me in the eyes and tell me to have "lovely nights" very often. Actually, never. So that kind of attention raises red flags to me. I'm hoping in the future I have a chance to actually get to talk to him a bit, because he seems like he'd be more than willing to chat based on the way he acts toward me. He's adorable.