Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well I came out to a few people
Well first off, i want to apologize if this posted in the wrong area. I just figured that since this had to do with coming out, then i would post it here. Please forgive my newbiness Tongue well, as some on here may know, it has been on my heart to come out to my best friend. Well, i told her and she is so excepting of me. She told me no matter what my choices may be, she would still love me the same. She hugged me, and we cried together, and then talked for a while. And she told me she knew this whole time, but figured i would tell her when i felt comfortable. I am very feminine, and have to cover that up around people, but now i dont have to around her, and it feels so good to be able to be myself around her. I told her fiancé, and a couple other friends that we all hang out with and one was a lesbian, so she was totally cool with it. They were all wondering if i had stronger feelings towards one sex over the other, and i explained that i am more attracted towards men than i am women, but there is a little part of me that finds women attractive. But, i wanted to thank everybody on here for the advice, and being a listening ear for me. Thanks for all the support, and as time goes on i see myself coming out to more freinds, and im sure i will be on here asking for advice again, and b@tching here and there Smile thanks again,

Sincerely,
Ryan

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing, it's so glad to hear that your best friend cares so much about you and is non judgemental. While you will meet people who disapprove of your life choices, being out and not hiding who you are is a part of leading an emotionally healthy life. I hope we get to hear more from you as time goes by

Congratulations unknown21! It's such an exhilarating experience to know that the people you care about love you for who you really are. Smile

She already knew.... LOL

I suspected she would already know.

Congrats on taking the first step! I'm glad you have such supportive friends who can accept you for who you are. It's fun being able to be yourself now, isn't it?

Good luck with this ongoing process, I hope it continues being this smooth Smile

Ryan, bravo and Welcome to GaySpeak. This is a good story and doesn't it feel right to be able to speak your truth all of a sudden?
Just one point of vocabulary though... Your best friend has been ACCEPTING not EXCEPTING (which would almost be the opposite ==> to Except means to put aside something, to save it from the general mass). Other than that, I think it's cool that she reacted that way. Doesn't it make it easier for others to start ACCEPTING you for who you are rather than EXCEPTING you from their social group?
And Ryan, I think maybe what you find attractive about women (aside from their natural beauty) is probably that you feel there is something there to imitate? Just a thought.
Take care, honey, and be happy.

That's wonderful congratulations.Confusedmile:

congratulations
if you don't come out you will always be the object of rumor and speculation and you will never have the opportunity to show people how good you are just being your self.

Well done Smile

Good for you Ryan girlfriend! *z-snap* Dazzler1 :biggrin: .

Sounds like how I came out to my BFF... sitting in boring Math at college and talking about her ex-boyfriend[who was ironically gay it turns out] and she was like; "don't you just hate guys sometimes Odi?" and I was like; "Yes gurl Rolleyes "

And from then on, we've been super besties.[she loves it when I Fem it up... lol]

Sometimes... it's just best to be yourself, Feminine/Masculine/Catty/Mellow/whatever.

Not a lot of people are as accepting, so you and I seem to have gotten off pretty good.

Now you two can have Slumber Parties!!!Cheerleader2 .

... or not? Your choice Xyxthumbs