Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well I guess I'm New
Hello,
My name is Graham. I am a college student who should be studying right now instead of typing this post. I have aspirations to be a speech therapist but I am still a few years away from my goal. When I forget that school dominates my life I watch too much netflix, listen to too much music, read a lot of nonsense.
I'd write more, but that is about the extent of it, nice to meet y'all :]
-G.

Welcome to GS Graham, please enjoy your stay.

HI Graham!

I have a friend who is working on getting her degree in Speech Therapy!!!

Awesome!!!!

There aren't enough 20 year olds named Graham around. Welcome!

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find people here both helpful and interesting!

Hi & welcome to GS mate.

Hello. Don't worry, you can never listen to too much music!

Welcome to GS Graham. Hope you enjoy your time here , we have alot of great people here.

Wehavethemoon Wrote:Hello,
My name is Graham. I am a college student who should be studying right now instead of typing this post. I have aspirations to be a speech therapist but I am still a few years away from my goal. When I forget that school dominates my life I watch too much netflix, listen to too much music, read a lot of nonsense.
I'd write more, but that is about the extent of it, nice to meet y'all :]
-G.

I hope that you follow your aspirations. An old friend, Dr, Lillian Glass, was the first person I knew who recognized that speech therapy and its application was the door through which many people would emerge from being stigmatized as they suffered from some vocal impediment. They were hardly stupid, but crippled with something that was not of their making. What you are doing is important work more than you may now realize but will. If you take a child who is locked in some form of vocal problem and can help them, you instantly take the mantle of guilt from parents who feel that, somehow, this is there fault. You know all the positive but what you are doing and will do needs to be recognized and, one hopes, as time goes on, those you assist will realize the crucial nature of your work. Keep up you studies and, when you can, tutor those with impediments; According to Julie Scherz PhD, for the person learning the craft, nothing is more instructive than working with the young because even though you may not have the skills you will have, you will make that child aware that someone cares, someone wants to help them and they are cheered. After doing something like that, don't be surprised if, once away, you find tears on your cheeks. My congratulations, sir. Continue the good work.

Welcome to GS Graham Wavey

Allow me to tell you, your guess is correct...you ARE new Biglaugh

Nice you're going on for a helping-others career! Confusedmile: