Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did you meet?
Where did you meet your boyfriend/ person you are dating? Was it online, at a club/bar, you tell me where ya met! And how y'all starting dating! Inspire me!

we were both cheatingConfusedmile:

My last 2 ex's I met online, they both lived in the same street.

My first boyfriend I met in High School and my second boyfriend lived 3 houses up from me.

I teach Japanese/ English as a paying on the side and he used t be my student.
I'm freelance so I am free to date any student Smile

Actually that reminds me that I need to change my status...

Alcoholics Anomalous, er I mean, Anonymous .

It was part of my 13th step...

Nah, he and I both had over a year in (him one, me two) and we were not sponsors to each other.

We had enough commonalities, both meth users (in recovery) both wanting to be with someone who wasn't chasing the bag and who had a basic understanding about how important NOT using really was.

Our couples counselors (yes plural, we have seen a couple three) have all agreed that a couple of people in program works out better if both are working the program better than a normy (non addict) and an addict trying it on as a non addict can't understand where an addict is coming from.

There must be something to it, we have been together 14 years now.

My boyfriend and I were born on the same day. Weird right? He lives at the end of my wrist. :biggrin:

That sounds very convenient Toby, one might say...handy Wink

Ha! Handy indeed Dfiant. He's quite the knuckle-head.

I met him a while ago thru a close (mutual) friend from high school. When I started liking guys, I went to him for guidance and he revealed he had a crush on me.

Let's see, 3 major relationships (I'm not counting the brief flings and like as that would be too long)...

I met Elena while mixing with Russian Americans as part of an unschooling project. Right after Pascha and filled with alcohol she found out I'd fooled around with a boy and said she thought I was into girls and long story short I said I was and she told me to prove it, which I did (though it didn't go far at all, it was almost more being silly). Later she needed a roomie (her great grandmother was the one who actually got us together on that and we agreed individually before we even talked about it) and we just meshed very well. Back then I was much more experimental and at first saw her as a FWB but we got close, and then we grew apart, and today we're friends and I doubt there will ever be anything romantic or sexual between us again.

While still with her I met a Discordian briefly at a lesbian bar who invited us to meet her friend at a bookstore. I don't think either of us were interested in each other at first. But then after Elena & I broke up and I needed a ride to Texas, she stepped in and we took it to the next level on the trip, and then moved in together almost immediately after returning. Though we'd been friends for awhile, we hadn't been particularly close and we tended to bicker so I consider her moving in so fast to be U-Haul Syndrome. There was a lot of drama (but a lot of good times, too) and I'm surprised it lasted for as many years as it did.

My 3rd noticed me (and my then girlfriend, my 2nd I just mentioned who drove me to Texas and back) at the fitness center we all went to (she mostly saw me in a kickboxing class we all took together) but she said she never talked to me because, in part, we had nothing in common as far as she knew and my girlfriend tended to come between me and anyone who tried talking to me so she decided to not even try (and she said she figured I was gay right away for a couple of reasons). As a result I have only the vaguest recollection of her from back then.

Then me and my 2nd broke up and I was desperate to make more money to cover the rent since I became the only income (though I found out I ironically had more money on a single income since my 2nd wasn't blowing our money on all kinds of crap, from clubbing to cigarettes, but I was still semi-panicking then). I passed around fliers in the neighborhood and through some contacts that for $20 (plus extra details I'm skipping for brevity) I'd take the kids to see the Hannah Montana movie, and my soon to be 3rd paid me 4x to not see it again herself with her daughter who was a major Hannah fan then. Toward the end of that gig the swine flu hit and it hit the kids (including her daughter) I took as well as me (meanwhile the hospital had to set up a tent to hold all the people who came to the hospital with swine flu). I got sick but bounced back and while I was sick her kids were both sick with it.

Then their mom caught it and she got REALLY sick (it was BAD) with it for over a week (she probably should've gone to the hospital, and I told her she should, but she had her reasons for not going--but I wonder if she'd have died if I hadn't showed up). The food was disappearing and sitch was bad and her daughter took to calling all kinds of people for help but they basically said call 911 (which her mom had already told her not to do). Going through her mom's phone she found my number and gave me a try. I came over and took care of things (and it was not easy) and she was amazed when I didn't charge any money for it. Also, the girl's birthday was coming up and since her mom was too sick (and part of my income comes at entertaining at girl's birthday parties so I had a good instinct for it) I arranged a Hannah theme party, and I even paid for some of it. Her little brother then talked me into making a Transformers theme party the next month for his birthday. During that time I went with all 3 of them to the Harry Potter movie and then saw the Alamo with their mom (my 3rd and current, and I hope last) as she wanted my opinion on it (since I knew a lot about Texas history).

We just got along really well and then she surprised me by coming on to me (which was when she told me she knew I was gay from her observing me at the fitness center we both went to). I went along with it but I found she was only barely bi and had only a few brief flings with women before, last being in her college days, the rest were with men (including a marriage), so I didn't think it could be anything but another brief fling before she lost interest in me (and I was also nervous how the kids would react to me if they knew I was getting it on with their mom).

I was pretty determined to not let things get too serious as I was sure we'd both (and maybe her kids) just get hurt but then my landlord sold the place I was renting out from under me (this was a few months later) so I took up her offer to move in together in an apartment she wanted to move to while she put her home on the market. Because I was still nervous about the whole thing I didn't bother getting my name on the lease as I wanted an easy out with no legal obligations if it fell apart (and beside, I have insufficient credit history anyway given that I do most of my biz on the gray market and avoid debt & refuse credit cards so they probably wouldn't have allowed me to sign the lease anyway), which ended up sneaking us past a homophobic landlady (she was more of a glorified secretary for the actual owner, but she could've & would've prevented us from moving there had she realized, but once the lease was signed it was too late for her to do anything). We caught some flak but it made us and our relationship stronger and now we're a family in a house of our own. I hope this one is for keeps.

Given that she's only experimented with women before and never exposed to the lesbian scene I recently got The L Word dvds (she said she hadn't even heard of it until I mentioned it) just to see what she'd think of it and we're currently going through season 2. She's actually hooked, which has surprised me given how much she loathes most TV.