Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Younger Guys
bryyzy Wrote:Age. I won't go with anyone +5yrs than myself. They can be hot asf and I would reject him based on his age. Sounds bad I know but that's how I am. I just don't need an older daddy type, let him go drool over someone else for all I care

Well when I was younger I was kind of put off with guy much more than 5 years older. You know that's fine... Makes sense, you want to stick to guys your age....nothing wrong with that.

With me the older I get the less I worry about the numbers. That being said I do have my limits. Like if someone is 18 I don't give them the time of day... Like you being 20, sorry, no can do. Not because 20 year olds aren't hot or whatever, It is just that guys under 25-ish are too immature in most cases.

My suggestion would be to loosen up on the age numbers, not saying you should date grandpa or anything but if they're 27, good looking, not a prick, why not date them? I mean I have seen guys who are 21 (or say they're 21) and look almost 40, because smoke, do drugs, or just not blessed with good looks. Someone who is a couple years outside your range isn't going to have wrinkly balls or anything lol

Not saying you should change your preferences in men, just know that people and age is not something that is concrete. There are guys who are immature at 40 and guys who are very mature at your age.

That being said, being at 20, I think it is perfectly normal not to date someone over 25 but I wouldn't let it be a sharp cutoff either. There's a bigger difference in people between 20 and 30 than 30 and 40, 40 and 50...the older you get the less it will matter.

Don't believe me, if this site still exists in 20 years (hopefully so), check back here and see your posts and reflect back on things.

Just saying all this because when I was your age I couldn't picture myself with someone 10 years older than me and now that I'm ten years older the age gap increases upwards, just doesn't mean I would date someone 15 years older than me, just not happening.

Hopefully that makes sense, not trying to tell you how to live your life.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I just don't see why I should loosen up. Maybe there will be exceptions. I dunno. But I am mature. I have to be. I got my own home. I got to be responsible because I got nobody to fall back on. I cant win with guys because either too immature. Or too mature. I don't want to abandon my principals. I would be afraid of getting with someone too old because it be like looking into the future and I don't want that. I don't want to be looking at some 40yr old and be thinking. Jeez that be me in 20yrs. I just want someone like me. Young but mature. But the world isn't full of people like me

bryyzy Wrote:I just don't see why I should loosen up. Maybe there will be exceptions. I dunno. But I am mature. I have to be. I got my own home. I got to be responsible because I got nobody to fall back on. I cant win with guys because either too immature. Or too mature. I don't want to abandon my principals. I would be afraid of getting with someone too old because it be like looking into the future and I don't want that. I don't want to be looking at some 40yr old and be thinking. Jeez that be me in 20yrs. I just want someone like me. Young but mature. But the world isn't full of people like me

I would encourage making exceptions on age, to a point anyway. I mean if someone says they're 28, might be on the older side but hey they might be a good fit. Judge by who they are and by what you want in a person.

Also, something that was discussed on here not all too long ago, you might think you want to date a carbon copy of yourself but you will find that would be miserable. Date someone who likes half the things you like, there's always something new to try and the both of you can enjoy things by yourselves.

Perhaps you want to make friends who like the same things you like? I know I do. Pretty hard to find people who want to go biking, hiking, go for a jog or go do things with you when you want to. It is difficult when you enjoy things that most people don't. Not sure if that is the situation you're in but hopefully something helpful here.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:I would encourage making exceptions on age, to a point anyway. I mean if someone says they're 28, might be on the older side but hey they might be a good fit. Judge by who they are and by what you want in a person.

Also, something that was discussed on here not all too long ago, you might think you want to date a carbon copy of yourself but you will find that would be miserable. Date someone who likes half the things you like, there's always something new to try and the both of you can enjoy things by yourselves.

Perhaps you want to make friends who like the same things you like? I know I do. Pretty hard to find people who want to go biking, hiking, go for a jog or go do things with you when you want to. It is difficult when you enjoy things that most people don't. Not sure if that is the situation you're in but hopefully something helpful here.

I do like to be active. I mean my job is very mundane and monotonous. So I like to get out and about. But I like to be lazy to an extent when I feel down or just when the weather sucks. I think dating myself would be a bit boring yes because weirdly I like conflict and have a lively discussion and I have my view and my other half has another view. I mean you wont find many 20 year old history geeks that likes the tudors haha. But I like going to watch my football team play whenever they play at home. I mean I could go to the footy and maybe I will meet someone who is kinda like me but not 100% me

bryyzy Wrote:I do like to be active. I mean my job is very mundane and monotonous. So I like to get out and about. But I like to be lazy to an extent when I feel down or just when the weather sucks. I think dating myself would be a bit boring yes because weirdly I like conflict and have a lively discussion and I have my view and my other half has another view. I mean you wont find many 20 year old history geeks that likes the tudors haha. But I like going to watch my football team play whenever they play at home. I mean I could go to the footy and maybe I will meet someone who is kinda like me but not 100% me

^^ - Let the above be the deciding factor above age. Not trying to say you should or shouldn't date someone much older than you. As long as you're comfortable with it.

Finding a good match is hard as it is, putting filter after filter you end up with no one...

Take this for example. I live in a rural area. Yeah there are a good bit of gay people but half are women, half are over 40, another half are already partnered, another half are people I wouldn't get along with... how many are left after you narrow it down? Not too many fish left in the pond when you look at it like that.

Again the point here is to find someone you like. Not trying to get you to date older people than you're comfortable with.

You'll also soon realize that time is ticking away faster than you might imagine. I'm 29, I figure I've probably burnt about 1/3 of my life away. More than just finding a partner, fucking live, don't spend all your good years behind a desk, get out and enjoy it, can't do much in a retirement home or when you hip has to be replaced. I know it sounds morbid as fuck but trust me, I want to have some memories, not wishing I had dome something. I know that's kind of off topic but those are things I tend to think of.
Check out my stuff!

You're right [MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION]. I guess I have been putting up filters and that's why I am where I am. I mean obviously I ain't gonna be ending up with anyone. I do need to open my mind a bit more and I am fortunate to live in a city which is diverse and full of potential and i been walking round with my filters on and not giving people a chance

LJay Wrote:Try 68, bro.
Some might wish to try 69 rather than 68 [MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION]. haha.

The real creep here is someone else. Not the old guys.