Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a situation on the bus?
Ok so Thursday I went on the bus. There was a lady with her kid in a pram in the seats where U can fit them. An old guy I'd say in his sixties in the seats across from her. Same types of seats. A guy gets on the bus with his child in a pram too. He asks the guy if he could move. The old guy tells him to go down the back where there is another seat with enough room but it's for wheel chairs. Umm... where am I going with this??

Do you think that the old man should have been courteous and let the guy with his kid sit in the seats he was in?
Do you think that the old man would have let him sit there if he was a female?

Btw both parents are in there twenties.

the old man should have moved.

I disagree, meg.

Remember when it was customary to respect old people and give up your seat for them?

We live in a world of overly entitled parents.

I'm on the old dude's side. He's older, and he was there first.

Expat Wrote:I disagree, meg.

Remember when it was customary to respect old people and give up your seat for them?

We live in a world of overly entitled parents.

I'm on the old dude's side. He's older, and he was there first.

but he was sitting in an area meant for people with babies / young children / prams ...
the man with the pram only had a choice of two places where he could sit , and one of them he would have to move again if someone with a wheelchair showed up . the old man could sit anywhere at all .

obviously if the old man was really old and would have struggled to stand and move because of this , then the other man was out of order .

yes , respect the elderly and give up your seat for them . but you're meant to give up your seat for all kinds of people . pregnant women , those with kids , people who are injured etc ...

if i was to get on a bus with my baby , i would expect someone to give up their seat if they happened to be sitting in a specific area meant for those with children . because sitting while holding a baby is much , much safer than standing on a moving vehicle

I have courtesy for the elderly but this man looked able. He got on and off the bus fine. I personally think that he should have moved. Sometimes I think the elderly have in their minds that they should be treated with extra respect or something.

also , the old man could have said that he couldn't move because of whatever reason (age , injury , etc) , but he didn't . he just refused because he didn't want to get up to help out another human being . that's pretty rude .

"oh , i'm sitting in an area of the bus meant for you ? can i move ? nahh don't want to bye."

megumidesu Wrote:also , the old man could have said that he couldn't move because of whatever reason (age , injury , etc) , but he didn't . he just refused because he didn't want to get up to help out another human being . that's pretty rude .

"oh , i'm sitting in an area of the bus meant for you ? can i move ? nahh don't want to bye."

Well it's not specify for prams but it's the best place for kid not bus buttons to push the other one has buttons down low for people with wheelchairs.

i think as the old man could move about easily and the area was designated for childs prams (as the area at the front usually is) he probably should have moved

hmmm.. difficult to say without being there.

At first thought I think the old man should have moved, because I think it's rude to refuse someone somehting they ask for if you are able to give it.

And he didnt give a reason? Then maybe he's just being a bit of dick.

And on buses, today I saw a bus (on the never reliable, but wifi-enabled outer link bus series) completely ignore a waiting passenger at a busstop!

She was waving and chasing the bus, and the bus swerved a bit, but I guess the driver must have thought 'fuck it' and just left! Poor woman, what if she was late for something?!

Respecting the elderly is not the same as letting the elderly have something their way just because they're old.