Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bad episodes with drink or drugs anyone?
I was just wondering if anyone here has ever had any bad episodes with drink and drugs?

When in Amsterdam back in December 2010 I took 'space cake'. This was the winter where Europe literally froze. I mean its one of the most vicious winters I could remember anyway and was extreme by west European standards.

I was out with some friends of mine and we were near the red light district in a place called Damrak i think (one of the main squares in Amsterdam) when we had an argument. One of my friends brought his sister over and she was a real tramp for want of a better word. Me and her did not see eye to eye. He was a bit of a prick as well and we argued a lot. I tried to make peace with them but they were so unreasonable I gave up.

So she stormed off and we split into two groups. My other friend went with the girl to take her back to our hostel and I went with my friend (Thom) to a 'coffee shop'. He pressured me into trying some space cake and I felt like experimenting so said 'yes'. I must've eaten it too quickly. I thought it tasted disgusting and it didn't seem to have any effect on me.

I was a bit disappointed but I shrugged it off. However, two hours later we were at the bar at the hostel getting ready to go out. I was drinking when all of a sudden the bottles behind the bar started to levitate in the air. I thought 'hang on, something is wrong here' which was the last rational thought I had that night. Suddenly things started to get black and very blurry and very, very confusing.

I became extremely paranoid and my heart rate practically tripled. I thought everyone in the room was starring at me and maybe they were because I was freaking out. Some girl was trying to talk to me and my mates and it was scary because I had no self-control and kept blacking out. I did not know what I was saying or doing. It was like I was possessed and indeed I was starting to hallucinate that demonic creatures were attacking me.

So despite me freaking out my 'mates' thought they'd drag me out on the streets anyway in the freezing cold. I complained I was too cold and Thom put a hand to my forehead and said 'but Ian you're boiling up'. I then blacked out and kept waking up in different streets with no idea how I got there, a bit like Ethan Mars in Heavy Rain. I wasn't aware of time passing and was so disoriented.

I somehow made it without being beaten up, mugged, or getting lost or losing anything. I don't know how I survived that night though, it was one of the most horrific experiences ever. Experimenting with that stuff was a stupid mistake and I paid dearly. My advice is, when in Amsterdam, do not take the space cake as it is pretty nasty!

As for drink related episodes, nothing springs to mind apart from a nasty hangover lasting till 3pm the next day which stopped me from drinking or eating.

I would like to add that since Amsterdam I have never taken drugs and never will do again and I rarely drink these days, this was when I was a student. However, I like the odd sprit mixed with fruit juice, plum wine, saké, and cider! But I just have those in moderation.

So has anyone else had any drink or drug related mishaps?

The only bigger problem I've had related to alcohol was one time when I followed a guy home. I was pretty naive due to the intoxication and he'd invited me over to his place to just "hang out" which I interpreted as grabbing a coffee, watching a movie or well something along those lines. Once I realized he was after sex I said I wasn't interested and went to leave his apartment and get back to the hostel my friends we're at. He got pretty violent (not physically, but verbally) and it scared me.

I've never had any misadventures with drugs, but then again I've only tried it once and it was just marijuana.

Running out of booze

Scrumpy

Waiting for the pub to open

Baddevil

Not really, I've been pretty good with both.

Not really...had some annoying, disappointing, and inconvenient things happen as a direct part of a drug experience, but not anything like what you've shared. I did come close to freaking out on shrooms once but I recovered fast enough (had a very weird experience later but it was more baffling than scary). I did black in and out while on a drug someone gave me but I was with friends who looked out for me and they told me that I acted normal, just tired & quiet during the times I don't remember (but I walked around, etc).

I did have an embarrassing blackout on alcohol once and have been careful since (extremely short & sweet, I took a shower to "wake up" but the last thing I recall is stepping out of the shower, and what I don't recall is putting the towel around me, walking out to my girlfriend in the front/living room talking with guests, dropping my towel, laying on the couch, putting my head in her lap and going straight to sleep). It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't taken people YEARS before they stopped bringing it up.

Ironically, the worst experience I've had is with tobacco, once when I was 4 stealing a drag from Granny's cigarette (got ill and deeply disturbed that adults smoked those), and then as an adult when I idiotically took part in some fad of Russian & Russian American women of smoking cigars. I understand I smoked the cigar wrong (sucking it all in) but I went over a toilet for awhile thinking I was going to hurl and felt terrible for days...and for months afterward even smelling a regular cigarette made me feel a little queasy again.

I couldn't help chuckle as your post reminded me of an Inbetweeners episode!

Anyway, your experience of a drug will depend very much on your expectations and the mood you're in at the time.

Cannabis is four times as powerful when eaten as it is when smoked.

The experience you describe doesn't fit that of cannabis alone. Are you sure that's all you had? From what you tell us it sounds to me as though you may have ingested one of the Hallucinogens, psychedelics, dissociatives or deliriants.

This category encompasses those substances that produce distinct alterations in perception, sensation of space and time, and emotional states. Examples include: Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms), LSD, Salvia divinorum (A herb found in Mexico) and nitrous oxide.

However, it could simply be the case that you had a bad reaction to Cannabis.

Since being a candykid [raver] since my early teens, it has exposed me to a lot of things of that nature. If you're gonna take drugs, do them responsibly and get them from people you trust.

I have a bunch of stories [a lot], but I think the 'worst' one would be from alcohol. Which I still believe is a terrible drug. I'm thankful that I haven't blacked out yet, but I only pretty much drink heavily while I'm being social or with friends.

I can get very emotional and over sensitive when drunk. I'm a sensitive person already. I can get paro on weed but I usually do it in a nice place in the sun or at home.

I was in Key West, 25, and dancing with a beautiful blonde girl. (Ironic, I know, a straight couple in Key West!) Her name was Victoria.

We both had too much to drink, but were still managing to tear up the dance floor. We were doing kind of a swing style, lots of hand-holding, spinning as a couple, you know. I registered that the song was almost over, and some deep recess of my mind attempted to send out the message, "Be ready for her to go into a dip!" While the rest of my drunken brain made a feeble attempt to understand this warning and fire up an appropriate muscular response, the song ended and she did indeed fall back into a dip, trusting that I would catch her.

Victoria hit the floor hard. I did the only gentlemanly thing I could think of at the time and fell on top of her. We laid there laughing too loud, as drunk people do, staggered to our feet, brushed ourselves off, and made what we considered a graceful exit.

Somehow we found our way back to the marina and my bunk on the sailboat where I was crew. Again as a gentleman, I insisted on inspecting her bruised backside. One thing led to another... I guess it wasn't such a bad episode after all.

My typical drinking habit was to drink, back out and wake up in my own bed with no one reporting anything out of the ordinary.

My meth days however are a slightly different story. while I used on and off for a few years, and then later became steady user - toward the end I was doing stupid shit like slamming a full gram at a time to impress my friends, demonstrating I was tough enough to do that much crystal (which is the purest form of meth on the street) and remain standing.

It got pretty bad when my BF at the time, Pete, mixed Crystal with ecstasy (MDMA) and didn't tell me. The initial rush and high was great - but when the MDMA started in its end game while I was still tweaking it didn't go well. To make it worse we were in the middle of oakland and he went off to chase the bag leaving me utterly alone in a place I was unfamiliar with - Bad my tweak was that day.... I sorta flipped out with paranoia and ended up in the ER room.

Shortly there after I decided it was time to kick that particular habit....