Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brain surgery
ironically, I was writing a post earlier when the phone rang. It was him.

if I could have brain surgery to remove this guy from my head, I guess I would.

besides the fact that he and I had spectacular sex, he challenges me intellectually and is one of the most intelligent brilliant people I've met in my life, male or female. He has a razor sharp wit and a smartass sense of humor that is sardonic and matches my own.

I wish I could get him out of my head but I don't think he is ready to leave his mom yet. whatever, maybe he just doesn't reciprocate my feelings.

I love this guy and I don't say that lightly. I wish I could get him out of my head and my heart.

the feeling was mutual, once. we made love once and he practically grabbed me and said 'you are my man' and we held onto each other.

then it changed. I wish he had never said that to me.

I have so many questions in regard to your post such as; How long have you guys been seeing each other? or is this just a new situation that ended in you two having awesome sex?....the reason I ask these two questions is that I want to know if this is an "instant love situation" after one or two dates...you are in love...or if you have been seeing this guy for awhile....and everything is still stagnant so to speak...is it possible that the guy may not look or feel about you the same as you feel about him?...have you had a talk with him about your feelings in order to give him a chance to speak on his behalf?...lastly...is it possible that he is a "mama's boy" who is very co-dependent of his mother's apron strings and like the environment that she has created for him?....perhaps if some of the questions are deserving of a response then it would be easier for me to give an appropriate response to your situation.

John it's been about 2 years since we've known each other. the nights he spent with me in my arms, mom would call with some emergency which required his presence.

guess who won out.

the woman is 71 and my fear is that he is so dependent on her... he has siblings and that house he lives in, I have a feeling, will probably be divided in the will amongst the siblings. he gives no thought to this.

he's 43 and has given no thought to the fact that it's time to grow up, become an adult, and buy his own house, start building up equity... he's had no need to because Mom has always been his protector. I on the other hand am a believer in becoming an adult by the time you are 43... his mom clutches him just like a spider and she doesn't have a man of her own. except him.

we went out for dinner one time and I ordered a beer. she freaked the fuck out and said I was a drunk and he could do better. I replied that she was a domineering mother who needs to find a man of her own and stop using her son as her man. you can imagine how that went over.

I'll not ever never date a man again who is in his 40s and still lives with a domineering mommy. Sorry. But I still have dreams about him, and I think I'm still in love with him.

Guess it sucks to be me, lol.

Well buddy....the decision is yours as to whether you want to hang in there with him and be content with the time that is spared for you...or if you want more from a relationship..then you need to end things with him and just concentrate on a friendship. From what you've mentioned...it seems that he may be the weakest of the siblings who fall into the prey of his mom and she knows what to do and how to handle him because if he stands against her...she knows how to make him feel guilty. I know this from experience with my mom because she did try these tactics on me for a while but in the end...I stood up against her and although she got pretty upset with me...in the end...she had no choice but to accept my choices and decisions. Also, the way you describe your relationship with your mom reminds me of the one my youngest sister had with my mom for years prior to her death. My sister was engaged for over 13 years to the same guy but was not able to marry him due to my mom neediness. In fact, my sister was not able to move out by herself because my mom carried on so horrible. In the end..my sister and her fiance have a tradition where they go to Vegas every year and one of my older siblings stay with my mom while she's gone. However, this one particular time...they both decided to elope...however...when she got back and made her announcement...although my mom adored her fiance to the up most...she was very upset and carried on ridiculous and even slipped into a depression for awhile. The end result was that my sister felt horrible and really guilty for eloping and vowed to live with my mom for several years as a married woman before she was able to move into a new home with her husband. Although she finally did make that move...she still had to contribute to my mom financially because my mom had grown accustomed to her generosity and if my mom fell ill instead of another sister coming to her aid...my sister had to leave her home or her plans to do so. I hope you gain some insight from this story I'm sharing with you and perhaps before you make a decision...you should make an attempt to have a heart-to-heart conversation with this guy and perhaps the response he gives you will help you to validate where you actually stand in his life enough to break free from his mom's apron strings.

Is he a good astrological match?

thanks to all for taking the time to be kind enough to reply.

East, strangely enough, he and I share the same birthday, March 30th, although mine was in 1965 and his was 1972. What are the odds of that. I've seen his license so it's true.

Aries and Aries are not necessarily the best match...

John, I had this conversation with him... thank you for your thoughtful reply and taking the time to write it.

John The hard truth is, I don't think he's into me as much as I am into him. I've cut him out of my life because it hurts too much to even talk to him... I wind up crying after we hang up. And I'm the butchest mofo there is... I haven't cried over a guy for over 10 years. He says he loves our conversations, that I challenge him intellectually as well as the sex being spectacular.... but he's not looking for a relationship. My thought is probably that he's met a guy a lot younger than me, I'm 50 and he's 43, but he works with 18 and 19 year olds, they go out to Kentucky Lake after work and smoke weed...

Guess I just have to give up and get him out of my head. Funny thing us when I met him, it was the last thing on my mind to date someone, much less to fall head over heels in love.

Thanks again for replying.

strider65 Wrote:thanks to all for taking the time to be kind enough to reply.

East, strangely enough, he and I share the same birthday, March 30th, although mine was in 1965 and his was 1972. What are the odds of that. I've seen his license so it's true.

Aries and Aries are not necessarily the best match...

John, I had this conversation with him... thank you for your thoughtful reply and taking the time to write it.

John The hard truth is, I don't think he's into me as much as I am into him. I've cut him out of my life because it hurts too much to even talk to him... I wind up crying after we hang up. And I'm the butchest mofo there is... I haven't cried over a guy for over 10 years. He says he loves our conversations, that I challenge him intellectually as well as the sex being spectacular.... but he's not looking for a relationship. My thought is probably that he's met a guy a lot younger than me, I'm 50 and he's 43, but he works with 18 and 19 year olds, they go out to Kentucky Lake after work and smoke weed...

Guess I just have to give up and get him out of my head. Funny thing us when I met him, it was the last thing on my mind to date someone, much less to fall head over heels in love.

Thanks again for replying.

LOL...well...you are two days younger than the man I have spent the last 29 years with. He was born March 28. 1965. I am not an Aries though..I am a Leo.

I have mentioned it a lot of this board over the years.....

https://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=47...post471160 (Post #7 )

I have known quite a few Aries/Aries couples...male/male...female/female...male/female....some intense dynamics with the same sex couples...

(BTW..talking about astrology brings out the worst in a lot of people on the internet..and in the 3-D world LOL)