Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cyber turn-offs
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I drilled out the camera and the microphone on my Device. Sorry, I have issues with privacy. I will send you images later down the road once we get to know if we are on the same page with what we want.

--> unless you are looking for 'just sex' it is reasonable to be reluctant to show images of yourself. Clearly Partis you did not learn from the mistakes of Bowyn that took place roughly last year at this time. Trust is a thing to be earned on the internet, not given away.

So yes technically my camera is broken, I broke it purposefully.

A piece of duct tape over it wouldnt have been enough?

I trust technology as far as I can throw it - nope not even that far - so drill baby drill!

I have a Wed-Cam on my computer,,, but at my age - nobody really expects me to use it (sad smile).

Keepler Cookie Company is still offering me a million bucks to use my face for it's Gorilla Cookie Mold.
We Have Elvis !!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I drilled out the camera and the microphone on my Device. Sorry, I have issues with privacy. I will send you images later down the road once we get to know if we are on the same page with what we want.

--> unless you are looking for 'just sex' it is reasonable to be reluctant to show images of yourself. Clearly Partis you did not learn from the mistakes of Bowyn that took place roughly last year at this time. Trust is a thing to be earned on the internet, not given away..

I have to address that.

I dont think its unreasonable to ask for a (clean) pic if your not looking for just sex, when you go out, you dont hide your face until you have peoples trust, it is generally your first impression of someone, once that (small) thing is out the way you can concentrate on what matters, whats underneath.... its just nice to put a face to the words

Axanderb Wrote:asking for my number after 15 minutes of messaging.

Unless you are text messaging right!

I actually remember the first time i ever went on a dating site, i was like 17 and it was costing £2 a message and a limited number of words, i asked would he swap numbers and he went beserk which put me off any form of web chat dating,

Now theres a gay dating tv channel and pretty much everytime you,ll get the mobile number WITH the introduction, because no one wants to pay £1.50 a message. Guys even put "send full details for reply"

So for me the "giving out numbers thing" isnt a big thing, its no more, or less, personal than a web address.

partis Wrote:I have to address that.

I dont think its unreasonable to ask for a (clean) pic if your not looking for just sex, when you go out, you dont hide your face until you have peoples trust, it is generally your first impression of someone, once that (small) thing is out the way you can concentrate on what matters, whats underneath.... its just nice to put a face to the words

The internet is not the same thing as real life.

Here is an image of Me:

[Image: Middle_aged_man.jpg]

Or is it? (No its not).

In real life I can't replace my real face with a random face stolen from Facebook or the web.

All I have to due is go to Facebook and make a 'friend' with some unsuspecting fool who is in his 40's that is so desperate to hit the 800 friends goal he will accept me as 'friend' without question and open up his whole life to me and I can proceed to take image after image, detail after detail and pass them off to you or anyone else on the net without no one being the wiser.

Can't actually do that in real life no can we?

Yes there are psychos out there in the world who pretend to be something they are not.

You were here for Blue - Recall him - well her.

"He" was here for a year+ on this forum, talking to a lot of people and spinning a wonderful little story about everything "he" wanted everyone to believe. A lot of people here actually believed Blue was a Tall Drink of Truck-driving man. "he wasn't tall, he wasn't a truck driver, he wasn't gay and he wasn't a man and not very nice either, pure fucking evil in a short, dumpy, middle aged fat woman's body.

"He" deceived me and everyone else, even used vocal enhancing computer software to present a male voice for phone calls. Turned out Blue and Kat are the very same person. Turns out that Kat has several aliases and has actually played out a similar game with other people, specifically targeting gay men (Yeah I learned a lot).

That situation did not end well - now did it.

Bottom line - you never know who you are dealing with through your device. The devices we have make it way too easy for people to 'adopt' a persona and fill in the details with a complete life stolen from places like Facebook where every detail of one's life is not only welcomed, but Facebook constantly begs you to add more.

There are sick, sick, sick people in the world.

Yes I drilled out the camera and microphone in my camera - After my mother put a private investigator on my ass to keep tabs on me I don't trust anyone or anything that can remotely be used to spy on my skinny ass.

And I still didn't learn enough. Clearly or that whole Blue situation would not have gone down the way it did.

Oh hear the violins. That whole thing was a scam from the start.

I'm just saying.

dfiant1 Wrote:Oh hear the violins. That whole thing was a scam from the start.

I'm just saying.

Yeah...I had to leave because of that... I couldn't take it anymore.

I hate it when a guy's introduction to me is "You're hot!", "I wanna f%*! you", or "Ginger stud!"

I'd rather get a simple "hello" or "hey" to break the ice, and if you then proceed to want a hookup I block you. Once had a guy say hi to me, only to send me his address in his next message after I said hi back because he wanted to "have fun with me" :/

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:The internet is not the same thing as real life.

Here is an image of Me:

[Image: Middle_aged_man.jpg]

Or is it? (No its not).

In real life I can't replace my real face with a random face stolen from Facebook or the web.

All I have to due is go to Facebook and make a 'friend' with some unsuspecting fool who is in his 40's that is so desperate to hit the 800 friends goal he will accept me as 'friend' without question and open up his whole life to me and I can proceed to take image after image, detail after detail and pass them off to you or anyone else on the net without no one being the wiser.

Can't actually do that in real life no can we?

Yes there are psychos out there in the world who pretend to be something they are not.

You were here for Blue - Recall him - well her.

"He" was here for a year+ on this forum, talking to a lot of people and spinning a wonderful little story about everything "he" wanted everyone to believe. A lot of people here actually believed Blue was a Tall Drink of Truck-driving man. "he wasn't tall, he wasn't a truck driver, he wasn't gay and he wasn't a man and not very nice either, pure fucking evil in a short, dumpy, middle aged fat woman's body.

"He" deceived me and everyone else, even used vocal enhancing computer software to present a male voice for phone calls. Turned out Blue and Kat are the very same person. Turns out that Kat has several aliases and has actually played out a similar game with other people, specifically targeting gay men (Yeah I learned a lot).

That situation did not end well - now did it.

Bottom line - you never know who you are dealing with through your device. The devices we have make it way too easy for people to 'adopt' a persona and fill in the details with a complete life stolen from places like Facebook where every detail of one's life is not only welcomed, but Facebook constantly begs you to add more.

There are sick, sick, sick people in the world.

Yes I drilled out the camera and microphone in my camera - After my mother put a private investigator on my ass to keep tabs on me I don't trust anyone or anything that can remotely be used to spy on my skinny ass.

And I still didn't learn enough. Clearly or that whole Blue situation would not have gone down the way it did.

I need to learn this Blue story...really..

and let's add, dear Bowyn, that you grew up in the late "Red Scare" times..obviously privacy is in your mindset more so than to us the "newer" generations