Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can only eat bad stuff and have no idea how to change
You've done a good job in detecting that your food consumption has a huge psychological component to it.

The main thing is your need for instant gratification versus delayed gratification. You have a poor diet, and this makes you feel bad, which makes you eat more bad food than your body really needs. Delayed gratification means you are willing to make sacrifices now for a payoff in the future. Eating well and exercising really is its own reward.

If you set a goal, then you have a reason to switch to delayed gratification. Make it an achievable goal in a reasonable time frame.

Your body would take some time to adjust to any diet changes. Just because fresh food is unfamiliar to your digestive tract now doesn't mean it will always be that way. if you begin to incorporate fresh food in your diet, your digestive flora in your body will shift and be able to process this good food. In time with a complete makeover in your diet, the junk food will be the stuff giving you stomach aches and the good food will make you feel great.

Fruits and vegetables can be consumed in so many ways. If you don't like certain salads, don't eat them, but find another way. You can still have a good diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables without 1 or 2 kinds of salads.

Your body is a perfect reflection of your habits. It is extremely adaptable. If you don't like the way your body looks, you have to change your habits. It took time to get to the state you are in now, and it will take time for your new habits to show.

Maybe juicing will appeal to you. This documentary is a fascinating look at the experience of 8 people eating nothing but juice for 4 weeks. It's a little extreme, but it's what they needed to do to break the bad habits. I encourage you to watch it all the way through.

Messages In This Thread
I can only eat bad stuff and have no idea how to change - by Camfer - 09-03-2016, 05:36 PM