Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me?
As East said it so well, you need to set the record straight from the start or you'll end up owning the guys some cash that you don't have. The situation you're being in happened to me when first I met Jake, oh he did not tell me right away that he was loaded, I found out a bit later, about 8 months after we were together I started being suspicious and also worried. Jake likes to keep it low profile, for him flashing his wallet in the face of everyone isn't something he likes to do because people do not judge you by your actual qualities, but more what you worth, and I believe that his qualities worth much more than the millions he owns - yes he's not just rich, he's filthy rich.

The first time I met him, he didn't have his car, we were at a party and since he was planning on drinking, he opted for a taxi, and that night I was so wasted he offered me to share the ride, and I couldn't refuse, however, I didn't know that night that he took me for a taxi ride completely to the opposite of where he was actually living, which means that he dropped me first, made sure I was safe and sound at home and took back the very same taxi and left for his place. The next day, he called me to take some news and set an appointment together so he could bring back my jacket that he kept. He came with his car that time, which was a very nice Nissan Pathfinder, well Nissan Pathfinder isn't much of a luxury car, but, his car wasn't the oldest model either, so obviously he had a great job, he was indeed making more money than I did back then, since he was 29 and I was 19 and I'm not like him coming from the top 20 wealthiest Canadian family.

At first, Jake kept things very hidden, he would always ask me where I wanted to go, because the restaurants he knows were way over my budget, he had a nice but yet very humble apartment (just learned later that the whole building belonged to him LOL). When the first time he asked me to move in with him, this was well a year and half after we met, I was all happy to move in a nice and well maintained apartment.

When he came to pick me up the day of moving, He came with a huge Lincoln Navigator and a trailer, he drove 45 minutes away from where I used to visit him and when he entered its driveway, I was looking at a huge house, 4 cars, large terrain. I asked him where the fuck were we. And he just replied "Welcome home Alex, baby."

I was flabbergasted, a bit frustrated too, because after a year and half of being my boyfriend, he never cared telling me that he had so much money, never even told me completely that the company he was working for was his own company and he said that all this was his mother's, but no, all this was his.

I felt a bit betrayed, but Jake asked me a good question that very same day; if you knew that I owned all this, how would you have treated me? And I got to admit, I would have treated him much differently, the only thing that changed was that my boyfriend was loaded beyond my wildest dream. And, I asked him not to spoil me, I hate that. He did well through the year and still Jake isn't too much of a flasher, he can buy a Lamborghini tomorrow, but, believe it or not he hates those cars LOL.

So OP, do set the record straight, your friend isn't my dude, some rich guys do like to flash their wealth, and as you mentioned a guy that keeps on telling you what this worth and what not, will eventually put a price on you too.

Messages In This Thread
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by epr7339 - 09-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by East - 09-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by matty7 - 09-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by Anocxu - 09-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by Cuddly - 09-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by epr7339 - 09-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by Alex - 09-11-2014, 01:23 AM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by Anocxu - 09-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by Anocxu - 09-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by Borg69 - 09-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Meet A Great Guy, Makes more then me? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 09-11-2014, 10:16 PM