Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going out alone vs going out with one friend
shykid25 Wrote:My friends suggested I go out more often. But bars/clubs isn't my thing. Tho there is one place that's very relaxing and not so intense. They also suggested that I go solo. Which terrifies me because idk how to get there and yes I have a gps. I'm afraid of driving and getting lost or in an accident. Also I feel afraid to go alone to a bar.

What to do you guys think should I go by myself? Or should I bring one friend to go with me? If so should it be a boy or girl?

It sounds like you have an issue with anxiety in going places alone. I get that.... Me I hate being alone around strangers, not terrified, just feel like a 3rd wheel and have a hard time mingling in large social groups...but I think that is more common.

If you're worried about getting lost, try driving the route a few times and get used to the roads. Don't get drunk and try to drive, you can also take a cab or walk if it is close enough. While all the news and crap going on it sounds like anyone might get shot or become a victim of some crime it really is unlikely anything bad will happen. That being said, does help to keep a low profile at times. Although if you're trying to find someone to date keeping a low profile probably isn't something you want to do.

You might consider trying other simpler things to do on your own, like go to lunch on a Tuesday by yourself and get your own table... maybe go for a walk somewhere. I think those things might make a good baseline.

All that being said, I think the best way to overcome most fears and anxiety is through exposure therapy. That means to expose yourself to the things that are bothering you, however, don't go all crazy, just little by littler pushing yourself just a little bit more each time.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Going out alone vs going out with one friend - by shykid25 - 07-24-2016, 03:39 AM
Going out alone vs going out with one friend - by InbetweenDreams - 07-24-2016, 05:04 AM
Going out alone vs going out with one friend - by Anocxu - 07-24-2016, 07:56 AM
Going out alone vs going out with one friend - by matty7 - 07-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Going out alone vs going out with one friend - by Sylph - 07-26-2016, 12:48 AM