Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Bars/Clubs
Hey everyone,
I've been really interested in hearing people's experiences at gay bars or clubs. Seeing as I have never been to one, Lately, I have been really interested in going to meet people. I have several gay friends who go to a local gay bar but I haven't come out to them, and I have been hesitant to do so. If anyone would like to share any experiences or stories, I would appreciate it :biggrin:

All I can say is that they are gross unless you are going with a gaggle of lesbians. My experiences ish that people in most clubs are SLIMY. This also goes for normal clubs where it is all stick on the floors from spilt drinks.

Kiid Wrote:All I can say is that they are gross unless you are going with a gaggle of lesbians. My experiences ish that people in most clubs are SLIMY. This also goes for normal clubs where it is all stick on the floors from spilt drinks.

Sounds like an awful time Laugh I'm curious though, you said it wouldn't be gross unless I go with a gaggle of lesbians, what do you mean by that? :confused:

I'm like a fag hag for dykes. I love lesbians! And you can have an awesome time anywhere as long as there dykes. Even more fun Dykes on bikes <3

But if you do go take friends and don't go home with strangers unless you are prepared for butt secks (Use condoms!)

sexually transmitted disease, drugs, holes in toilet walls, ugly drunks...and then there are gay bars.

Well I do have several lesbian friends and one of them actually suggested I go to one of the gay bars with her and a few of her friends. I declined simply because I'm not familiar with the environment and I had several concerns of how the night would turn out.

I may not go at all after reading these comments
Then again I won't know from personal experience unless I venture into the unknown :confused:

Gay Bars and Clubs are what you make of them..there are no absolute truths...

I started going to gay clubs in San Francisco in High School. I had a lot of gay friends in High School and we would go to Oil Can Harrys or The City or Buzzbys...usually one of us would have to get in good with the doorman or provide a few minutes of our time in private to gain entry...I had a blast.

On my 21st Birthday I was at a club and the waiter walked up to me and told me the bartender wanted to see me...they were both talking about it and thought I would be a good addition to their staff. It was a weird moment...the idea of working in a gay bar had never crossed my mind and I declined but Steve, the waiter, persisted all night and finally I agreed to try it a few night as I was in college.

I ended working in Gay nightclubs almost 20 years to the day...

After my last day bartending I have not set foot in ANY club nor will I ever again...but it isn't because I didn't have a great time...I did. It is just a chapter of my life that is closed now.

Do you have alot of clubs to choose from? The thing is...there are all different types of clubs and they all have different vibes and you have to find one that appeals to you.

I loved huge dance clubs myself when I was out alone because I liked to dance by myself...alone...for hours...I love the energy of a huge dance club....

...and one afternoon my friend wanted me to go with him to The Eagle which is kind of a man's man borderline leather/bear/fetish bar with LOTS of people wall to wall. I had on shorts.... when I could keep them up...I was NOT happy about being there at all and I got stuck in the back for almost an hour...had people pinching my chest hair and practically raping me and I could not get away. I cussed out my friend for the next hourTalker:biggrin:

So the thing is...you have to find a bar that has a vibe that you like. I also liked a few of the neighborhood bars and also the punk rock gay bars were fun for me as well.

I truly disliked the "poser bars" where people came to pose....and I also disliked the raunch bars...not a huge fan of the drag or piano bars either but I would take them over the posers and raunch:biggrin:

As for lesbian bars...I spent a weekend at Maudes once..that was fun as hell. I liked a few of the Lesbian Bars but definitely preferred the ones with the political feminist vibe.

I'm going to side with East on this. The clubs/bars are pretty much what you make of them.

I went to the bars/clubs with people/friends the idea was to go out for a good time, a few drinks, pool, dancing at the clubs that had dancing. While I met lots and lots of people I didn't go there to find a date or a potential mate.

You have to be careful, there are lot of people going to a bar to pick up others for casual sex - sex is pretty much the side order to the booze and dancing.

If you want an alcoholic or a bar-fly as a partner in a relationship, then by all means go and start dating from the bars - chances are very high that the person you pick up (or who picks up you) is a bar-fly/drunk.

When I started going to gay bars I thought they were wonderful. Just by being there I was announcing to the world that I was gay (this was back in the seventies) and that was a truly liberating experience. However, I discovered that the glitz and glamour of these places was very shallow and the novelty soon wore off.

But the only way you're going to find out is to try it for yourself - good luck! Bighug

I've never been to a gay bar, but I am not that into the bar seen either. Loud music (Got REALLY sensitive ears), people humping dancing, full of buffoons and morons. Ratter the pub scene where you just drink some beers and chat with your mates on a booth and just having a jolly good time. :tongue: But as said that is just me
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.