Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to continue postgraduate in England!
Hi guys,

I really need your piece of advice. Right now I'm on search for any scholarship to study in England! To take postgraduate!

My determination goes to Queen's Belfast in Northern Ireland. It's just awful to know that I encounter with insufficient fund to study there. Whilst I really have a big desire to go there!

I had discussed this with one of the university representative. He told me that the annual tuition fee is around 12000 pounds plus living cost that takes around 8000 pounds per year.

That amount is too much for my parents to bear. For that reason, I am really in need of your advice. I bet there are many of you that been familiar with the scholarship.

Wish to hear from you all soon.

Best Wishes

Arge6912

Post graduate study in the uk you have to fund for out of your own pocket I'm sorry that's just the way it is. This applies to uk students too. I suggest you either save up or get a loan to cover the cost. I don't know why they make post graduates pay as undergraduates are able to get funding it's just silly.

mrk2010 Wrote:Post graduate study in the uk you have to fund for out of your own pocket I'm sorry that's just the way it is. This applies to uk students too. I suggest you either save up or get a loan to cover the cost. I don't know why they make post graduates pay as undergraduates are able to get funding it's just silly.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]
If anyone wanted to study at post graduate level they would have to pay, because once you have your degree it was believed that was sufficient to launch you on the road to a good career? And so the idea of paying for a postgraduate degree was not unreasonable, and now in the financial situation that the UK is in I doubt anyone looking for funding would get it for a higher degree..??? [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Aw...Cry

It is so bad to hear that. I believe there are many scholarship offered though. It just needs to find the correct foundation. May be any one of you know?

If start saving from now on, gosh...that will take years till I lose up my desire on it :frown:

Even a GIGANTIC FIRE BALL like SUN will lose it flares one day!

Many thanks for the comments!

Best Wishes

Arge6912

Northern Ireland is not 'England' :/

Northen Ireland is part of the uk.

This is old, but funding is available at some institutions for graduate work. Depending on the program, there might be positions available for grading (and even teaching if you are a PhD. student) as well as research assistantships. I thought it would be odd if the UK was substantially different from any other country, just zipping over to Oxford's website shows substantial resources for searching for both internal funding (from within the Uni) and external (UK wide).

You might also consider options for loans and grants from your own government. The US will provide federal student loans for studies abroad by US citizens, I don't know if SK has a similar loans program.

Although, I know from friends who applied to UK schools for their graduate work that generally you have to have a significant amount of money in your bank account to even be eligible to apply.

Dan1980 Wrote:Northen Ireland is part of the uk.

She said she wants to study in 'England' - Northern Ireland is not England!! England is not the same as the UK!

Northern Ireland is a part of the UK, just as England, Scotland and Wales are Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Zet Wrote:Northern Ireland is a part of the UK, just as England, Scotland and Wales are Smile

I know that. I live here. But the OP said they want to study in England. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, not part of England.