Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Query from a Queer
What is true love? What is one true love? How do you know it's love.

No, seriously. This is not a joke.

I downloaded that TV Show "Once Upon a Time" and watched it the whole day. It's a weird show and stars that girl who used to be in "House."

How do you know you love a guy or a girl?

I've never really been in love but I'm guessing its when you put the other person ahead of you and want to care for him/her no matter what. when your in love the person is constantly on your mind and when your together you feel that you have a purpose in the world to make this guy/girl happy at all times.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

http://leasticoulddo.com/comic/20070517

Sums it up pretty succinctly. Happy

Nah, just joking. I think you know you're in love when you care more about their happiness than you do your own. But that kind of love can be true for a lot of people (friends, family, etc.). So a one true love? I don't really know. Is there a way to easily quantify love? Love just is.

P.S. Is that show any good? Some of my friends have tried to get me to watch it, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Sonova! Since I'm selfish, I'll never be in love.

Real love can't be explained or described...it is an experience...You'll know it when it happens.

LiZaRD_PlaNET Wrote:Sonova! Since I'm selfish, I'll never be in love.
you share your selfishness with your partner.

serious; gay or straight relationships are the same:
-both partners have to want it
-communication is sooo important
-trust and respect

How do you know you love a guy or a girl?

When you wake up in the morning after sleeping with the same guy every night for 26 years and you see the most beautiful and sexy man imaginable in front of you...and the gray hair and the wrinkles make him even more sexy...

...and when you look back on your life and are thankful for every experience...even the ones that sucked...and would not want to change a thing because it might have led you somewhere else....it means you are in love...Confusedmile:

East Wrote:...and when you look back on your life and are thankful for every experience...even the ones that sucked...and would not want to change a thing because it might have led you somewhere else....it means you are in love...Confusedmile:

this works for me Smile

How do you know?
Father time does not touch them , they can still make your heart skip a beat.

Your emotions become so powerful that you could easily kill the very same person you would die to protect.

I am not talking about hate here , I am talking about love , real love .
Unimaginable highs , darkest fears and complete acceptance of another personality flaws.
Feeling safe in the decision to spend the rest of your life together.

I think true love is the type of love that sticks the longest. I've been in love a number of times, it's always that terrible and wonderful feeling somewhere between anxiety and complete excitement. I love the metaphor that love is simply an illness. Waiting to strike. But, even when in love, and moving forward with it, things can dwindle. At that point, it is a biological urge driving us to connect with another human. True love must transcend the biological desire and last. It must be more potent than simply a primordial mechanism ticking in our hind brains. That's what I got so far? Any feedback would be appreciated. But, don't stop at just calling me a pessimist. Many pessimists got the world right. haha