Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing buddy situation in small town
Hi everyone, Im gonna tell you what happened, Ill try to make it short: Im 30 and I live in a small town. I used to have thoughts of being with another man but Ive never tried it mostly because Ive been quite successful with women and that was enough for me. Also, during the years Ive gained a tough man reputation so being with a guy was out of the question.

So in the past years I was in a committed relationship with a girl I really loved but that ended up in August, then I went hunting a lot and thats how I met Bob.

Well Bob and me been fishing quite a lot and he's a normal rural guy just as tough as me and we get along so well but I can tell there's something else going on. He doesn't look gay at all but he treats me different than a regular buddy and I let him, like the other day he touched my face with his thumb and I played fool like nothing happened. Then yesterday he said something of me being handsome he said that as a joke but it was more like a teasing. Hes got an ex wife and 2 kids and I got a kid myself and hes been very supportive that I'm single now and not seeing my kid on a daily basis. I think about him all the time and count the hours to see him but when Im with him I act like nothing happens. So what is going on? Am I in love with this guy?? is he even gay, am I gay? Im getting nuts here, I really need some advice this is driving me crazy

PS: Have in mind all this happens in a 5000 hab town so its not like this is San FRancisco

Do not jump to any conclusions. If he leans over and kisses you then you will get a better idea. But if you are not sure, don't press your luck unless you are willing to lose a good friend.
A good friend is a rare thing to have. Don't screw it up. When the time is right the truth will reveal itself.

Maybe test the waters? Say something like you are pro gay marriage. If he hates gay marriage he's probably straight..

Beau Wrote:Maybe test the waters? Say something like you are pro gay marriage. If he hates gay marriage he's probably straight..

Hes pretty liberal so I dont think hes against gay marriage (even if hes straight).
And he just texted me asking if I want him to come over tomorrow to cook me some pasta, I said sure and then he said you take the wine wtf am I overacting?

Wow, that's great news Franco! Good luck on your dare i say date? Maybe just wait for him to make the move? If he is in to you that way, he's bound to say something when he's ready.

Thanks Beau, Im not sure what this is all about, all I know is I wont make any move. Ill just play cool as always. Ive never been with a guy before so even if he makes a move im not sure how I will react to that

I would say it's a crush for now.
But you never know things could develop.

Franco Wrote:Thanks Beau, Im not sure what this is all about, all I know is I wont make any move. Ill just play cool as always. Ive never been with a guy before so even if he makes a move im not sure how I will react to that

Well, if he does make a move just go with it... try to relax and dont freak out! Nature usually takes care of things *if ya know what I mean!

Good luck with it all... btw, if something does happen and things go a bit fast you can always say that you are interested but maybe say ya wanna take things a bit slower...

It sounds to me as if he's interested, but he may just enjoy a close buddy. If things do develop, like he makes a move on you, I think it would be best to be honest with him. Let him know you've never been with a guy, but have been curious, and enjoy your time together. That should be enough to get things started.

If you are curious AND interested in him... why wait for him to make a move? Drop a few hints, flirt a little. If he doesn't respond, let it go. I hope it all goes well beyond your wildest imagination!

Fip thanks for the advice.
Geminize I cant make a move because Im not sure hes that way, and I cant risk getting exposed.
Im nervous about tomorrow and I cant sleep! Smileydies