Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a change Top And Bottom
I was thinking that it was time that we changed the terms Top/Bottom Active/Passive Dom/Sub

The language is so geared up towards make one a "champion" and the other a "loser" - i mean you can get much lower that Bottom! You can also be a passive top - or a really active bottom for instance.

To be honest there's nothing passive about taking a cock up your ass.

So thoughts guys - can we ever change our lexicon when it comes to sexual roles in the gay community?

Wait, there's such a thing as a passive top? What, the guy just lies down calmly while the bottom does all the work? o.O

yes, if the giver guy is laying down and the taker is on top, then you could argue that the bottom is doing the work - or riding it and the top could just lay there.

Also it doesn't have to actually be about the motion or action either - it could be the attitude also - because a bottom guy could really be driving the whole experience - that definitely doesn't make him passive...

SolemnBoy Wrote:Wait, there's such a thing as a passive top? What, the guy just lies down calmly while the bottom does all the work? o.O

yes ...

lol

SolemnBoy Wrote:Wait, there's such a thing as a passive top? What, the guy just lies down calmly while the bottom does all the work? o.O

Yes, actually. I could show you a video but it's down right disgusting, and I'd probably get banned.

Kumawool Wrote:Yes, actually. I could show you a video but it's down right disgusting, and I'd probably get banned.

HAH. No thanks. Sounds almost kind of amusing though. Amusing and disturbing.

OP,

I just don't really use the words myself, as they aren't important to me. I have sexual fantasies about either or, but even then, the reason I don't care is for a completely different reason. In my personal life, I want to marry someone, and I'm so so so lucky that it's possible in my country. I don't want to have sex with a top or a bottom, I want to fall in love with someone, and I don't care what they are.

That's just the way I look at it. I know it doesn't help you with your opening question much... but if you don't like the terms, why not stop using them???

I just find the choice of words for those who take - are within our community - belittling - or maybe thats just me?

Its convenient descriptive language that is simple to understand. Why over complicate things?

I don't want to use a translator every time I'm talking to someone about their sexual preference.

"So you're a running fielder who stands out field? Well I guess I'm a walking pitcher who plays the bases, I think that makes us compatible, wanna hook up?"

and some that don't even engage in anal sex... or "sides"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-kort-p...82484.html