Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mediums real or fakes
What do you guys think is mediumship real or fake?
An eye for an eye

It's fake. They utilize a method called "cold readings." It's just a trick, and a pretty lousy one at that. I think it's pretty despicable how some (Sylvia Browne, John Edwards) alter the memory of a person's deceased loved one.

THEY'RE REAL I SWEAR TO GOD

I used to fit in them before I put on some weight...

I personally believe, exaggerative "powers" are most likely fake, however I am open minded, and also I believe that many individuals are just more sensitive than others in regards to many different facets.

I may be Empathic, but I am by no means a super hero or whatever, and am certainly not like Jasper...It's just a higher sensitivity to emotions and feelings.

Most people who do not see,hear,feel,smell or even taste the same things, tend to believe they are not real or just don't exist. But as we all know, every person is different.

Mediums maybe just have a higher sensitivity to mental stimuli, or maybe they're just more in tune with their environment. But the ones who can make things float and all that stuff are probably utilizing too much Mary J and I don't mean Blige!

And most real "sensitive people(Empaths,Mediums,Pre-Cogs)" don't go running around on TV with it, because, for 1 it cheapens them and what they can do and exaggerates it as well for more ratings. Plus, it's very stressful. Mentally and Emotionally.

I just believe some people are more aware or Sensitive to external stimuli than others, not really "superpowered" or whatever.

But believe what you must Wink

If mediums were real someone would have won James Randi's million dollar challenge by now. I don't believe in any form of paranormal practitioners but find a lot of them to be moderately harmless. Some people like to have their fortunes told or getting ripped off by consulting feng shui experts and I can accept that.

Mediums, however, pretending to be able to communicate with deceased loved ones are despicable. Regardless of their intent. They get profit from false assurances and waste police resources during crime investigations. Once or twice they'll get lucky and actually succeed in whatever they were searching for, causing some people to believe in their "powers". Pathetic. Never has a medium actually succeeded to prove his/her powers under reasonable scientific conditions.

Fuck, I want James Randi right now...

I always wanted to meet one (but refuse to pay), so that when they ask "Was your grand mother called <not her name>?" I can say, YES, HOW DID YOU KNOW OMG?! and lead them to a completely non-sense path before revealing I'd tricked them. Taste of their own medicine.

I am very, very sceptical about these so called mediums. I can see them "performing" on Pick TV and frankly, the way they manage to extract information from gullible people is almost criminal.

Having said that, many years ago when I returned to the UK after having been living in New Zealand, I consulted a man who read the Tarot. I never met the man, he never knew my real name and the only thing he asked was my date of birth.

What he wrote back to me on an enormous sheet of computer paper was, I have to admit, quite extraordinary.

Before I left NZ I had considered (not very seriously) moving to South Africa and I had also been offerd a job in New York that I didn'tr really want. All of that he wrote about and there was no way that he could have known that about me. In the following years more and more of what he wrote began to come true especially what he wrote about my travelling a great deal.

Unfortunately he died a few short years after I had first contacted him and I have never found anyone else with anything like his powers.

Mediums are real. Psychics exist and are dangerous people. May Gankurear rest in peace. She was an amazing psychic and amazing cook! She was never wrong.she foretold my mother and I would hate each other forever. And it's true. We do hate each other. And she said this when I was still in my mormon phase

I believe in a happy medium. And I believe in media. Mass media, even. But I don't know about this "mediums" nonsense.

VNight2014 Wrote:Mediums are real. Psychics exist and are dangerous people. May Gankurear rest in peace. She was an amazing psychic and amazing cook! She was never wrong.she foretold my mother and I would hate each other forever. And it's true. We do hate each other. And she said this when I was still in my mormon phase

Sounds like you just followed her suggestions very well.