Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need an advice about threatening homophobic neighbour.
I will post this question anonymously, because I feel a bit safer that way.

The thing is that I’ve a really stressful situation with a homophobic person from my house. My boyfriend and I, we finally started to live together some months ago and we rented a flat. After some time a woman from our house started to show some strong dislike to us. I don’t know how she found out that we’re gay and that we’re a couple. One day she just started to offend us for no reason. We are living very quietly and we don’t bother anyone. We live in the third floor and she lives in the fourth. She’s an old woman, maybe 70 or 80 years old and she seems to be really evil. She has said that we’re children of the Devil and perverts and that she’ll burn us and kill us. She said that she’ll smash our door with an axe or pour benzine over our door and burn us. She also called my boyfriend a bitc* from the flat 201th( this is the number of our flat).

We went to the police and we told that this person is threatening us. However, the police said that as long as these are just words and she hasn’t actually done something, they cannot press any charges against her. They also said that she’s old and advised us not to listen.

However, we’re worried. We would like to move away, but it’s not so easy. We were saving money for a year to rent this flat, and now if we want to move away, we have to save again and we will not have the sum anytime soon. Maybe we would like to talk and try to reason with her, but she said that if we ever approach her door, she’ll splash acid in our faces, leaving us blind. We haven’t done anything bad to her. Why would she hate us so much?

I wouldn't try to reason with her, that will just create more problems for you because she is clearly not reasonable. She probably has dementia or something, you're better off ignoring her and saving up to move to a better environment when you can.

what she is doing is a hate crime. The police should do something about it. Please keep away from her as much as you can and keep records of things she says or does. Ask your other neighbors if they had problems with her in the past. You shouldn't have to move you have got every right to set up home there as she has. I am not sure what country your in but try talking to your local council or authority about this.
An eye for an eye

File a formal complaint, in writing, to the local police chief. This way, IF anything does happen, she will be suspect #1. If you want, you can file a formal complaint every three months. IF you can get pictures of her or video of her threatening you or doing anything to your front door or personal property, then you can not only take it to the police, you can take it to the people who run the building.

Have you been to the landlords and told them about this demented old hag? She has not only threatened other tenants with harm, she has also threatened to vandalize and demolish the property owners property.

I would file, in writing, harassment complaints about this hag to your landlords/property owners and the police. If she keeps doing it, both of you keep filing complaints.

File separate complaints too. So the police and the landlords get two complaints in writing from two tenants. Be sure and make copies of the letters you send and keep them in a file.

You might also see if you have a local LGBT coalition or organization and file complaints with them also.

The more complaints you file, the better off you will be if she finally does decide to do something violent.

What a psycho.

That's totally unacceptable, and especially vicious coming from an old lady (although I will say I've met some vapid old women before). Honestly, I'd ignore her, and if she said anything else to me I'd straight up tell her to go fuck herself. There's no changing people's minds when they're that hellbent.

I would ignore her and just go on with your life's as you were before this situation. Life is full of curve balls/screw balls; she can only have power over you and your boyfriend if you let her. Don't.

Give her prune juice so she can pass the bug in her ass.

[SIZE="5"]Not sure what country you're in, unfortunately... In the U.S., the things she's saying could be viewed as a terrorist threat, and therefore punishable under laws thereof, to a great extent... provided the cops decide to do so.

Otherwise, do what was mentioned earlier, and keep up the complaints and record every incident as it happens. If anything, your landlord might just get tired and throw the sow's ass to the curb.[/SIZE]

Never underestimate the power of hate in old women. I have a sister, 74, and a cousin, 75 who were described by their parents as PURE EVIL. I often feel guilty that I didn't kill them when I was a young boy. They beat me in my crib and burned me with hot steam irons until I was 8. The City of New York said they couldn't prove anything because I was too young to testify in court.

I have avoided my sister and cousin my whole life. I still hear rumors that they would enjoy seeing me in a coffin. I would utterly hate living near either of them. As to why they hated me as a cute young baby, maybe God knows the answer, I sure don't.

These 2 women seem to be in love with the power of hate. Hate makes them feel stronger. They love to pretend they are the victims of everyone else. They act nice in public and get away with.

Be very careful of old women. They have no reason to change their mind, assuming they have minds to change

If I were you, I would move and move quickly. Don't underestimate old witches who hate people. Trust your instincts and ignore their opinion of you. If you react they will escalate. BE CAREFUL.

Police are afraid to question women because they will be accused of bullying your neighbor. Police are gutless when facing nasty women.

Use your technomancy (cellphones, iphone whatever it is you carry) and start recording her when she talks.

Honestly the threat level can't be certain - how able is she to get around?

If she climbs the stars to the forth floor then I would take the threat level to be high. If she is on a walker I would put it low.

Understand her age is most likely the reason why she hates you so much. She grew up and lived most of her life in a world where homosexuals were not tolerated and everyone hated them hard. The world moved on, she has not.