Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm at a loss for words in a way, but ...Hi All!
I bet someone will see my username and think its me me chose Nah! it's meme chose, French for same thing Why I pick it? I looked out the window and was inspired by the shitty weather we are having this summer, and decided today was just partly meme chose with a 50% chance of meme chose in the afternoon with highs tomorrow in the lower meme chose range with meme chose winds.

I need to say I did 4 years in the military. Life altering experiences even when it's boring.
I'm 26 now.

Came back to my home area, now living in a tiny one church, one gas station, two stores, three bar town for past 3 1/2 years. No one here gives a F**k who's gay and who isn't. People who speak bad of others are fast to end up with no one to talk to. There are 7 gay adults here, all over 40. Each of them has their sets of close friends who are mostly straight. So do I. We don't socialize here based on gay or straight. Everyone here, close friend or not, thinks my BF is the best thing since big cute brown eyes were invented.

My BF and I have been making it work 5 yrs on traveling 3-4 times a year to meet up. He lives in a city of over 2 million with at least 3 dozen gay bars that I know about and have been to.

Where I live is 6 hours from the closest gay bar. Last time I was there with my BF I saw a guy reach down and grab a handful of my BFs stuff. I got upset --- but it wasn't jealousy ---- it was plain and simple my disrespectful towards my man for the guy to do that. What I saw was a stranger be rude to a man so special to me, I have never been and never will be rude to him.

I did apologize for bruising him up so bad. I even used the bar's staple gun to attach the arm I yanked off back to the guy's shoulder. Elkgrin

So my BF will have his degree this winter. I'll have mine in the spring. When he was here in May he said he wanted to move HERE when he was done in school, not stay in his huge big home city. Why? He likes my friends better than his. He likes everything about it. He's already been offered a job here awhile ago. I think part of it might have something to do with me.

So what am I telling all this for?

I'm hoping if you read it you'll understand when I miss out on jukes and gay lingo all of you may be using. I can be pretty lost in big city gay life and I bet most of you would be lost in my life in a one church, one gas station, two store, three bar, one DQ town. where deer do more weedeating than gardeners.

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Dude. you have made my day with your posting the words GAY EQUALITY. Not a day goes by that I don't correct people when they say., "gay marriage." --- a phrase the fundies use to change the focus on the issue and move the goal posts in the debate. The issue is and has always been EQUALITY.

If I meet more people like you I make take up residence here.

Welcome, and if you need to vent or ask questions, ask away. There is a lot of people here who offer good advice.

I totally get what you mean about your town. I live near Boston now, but come from a little town in Georgia (population about 500 people) and your town sounds a lot like it. People there accept you for who you are and don't give a rat's ass about gay, straight, etc --- what they want to know about you is, will you be there when they need you.
I would love to be able to live there still, but in terms of careers, neither my partner nor I could find meaningful work anywhere near there. So we content ourselves with visits and vacations.

Hi and welcome to Gayspeak Smile

Adam Wrote:I totally get what you mean about your town. I live near Boston now, but come from a little town in Georgia (population about 500 people) and your town sounds a lot like it. People there accept you for who you are and don't give a rat's ass about gay, straight, etc --- what they want to know about you is, will you be there when they need you.
I would love to be able to live there still, but in terms of careers, neither my partner nor I could find meaningful work anywhere near there. So we content ourselves with visits and vacations.

I can't imagine ever living in a big city now I'm settled in a small town.
We're about 1500 and the biggest 'industry' we have is our kick butt public school system that benefits from having kids off the nearby air force base. There's never a shortage of volunteers for whatever the school needs and with me being right across from the schools I'm always pitching in. We did a fundraiser for college scholarships raffling off a new computer, new washer and dryer that raised enough to give every college bound senior something. Try that in a big city school system.

Its neat going to our little grocery store to shop and carry on a conversation while I'm doing it with all the other shoppers and employees --- at the same time. Haircuts take at least 45 minutes because of all the talking going on. Try filling a gas tank and not spending more than fifteen minutes talking to whoever else is there. People everywhere ask about when my BF is coming back or when I'm going to see him. It's totally amazing to live a place like this after growing up in a nearby HUGE city of 70,000. I can go to the city I was raised in (30 minutes away) do shopping and never see anyone I know or have a conversation with anyone. It sucks now that I know what it's like to be part of a community.

Memechose,

I like you, been enjoying your posts, threads and I like your attitude. Sexy!

Welcome. Jigga

Well guys... I 've been in GS for a week and a day. I wasn't sure I'd like it when I joined but............ You guys made it hard not to like it here!

I'm really beginning to enjoy things here... and get used to everything.

I've been noticing that most of my answers give the impression I'm a real serious guy but I promise you I'm not. I can blame that on some of the issues that have been brought up that I am really serious about.... gay marriage, homophobia, building strong relationships (I'm still a newbie at that) building a positive attitude, and poliitcs....

I'll lighten up. I promise. So in the meantime... pfffffffffffft!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ETOTE Wrote:Memechose,

I like you, been enjoying your posts, threads and I like your attitude. Sexy!

Welcome. Jigga

Thanks dude. Your patriotic pec aint too bad either!!!