Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a crush on my neighbor! ...part 2
Hey all,
Thanks again for the great support and advice from the other topic. I wanted to give an update...

The last post in the other topic was right before my road trip, where he ignored my text. No words since then.

Last Saturday night, he texts me asking how I've been. Random as all get out, if you ask me. I was asleep, so I responded that morning. We got into a little back and forth getting to know each other. I asked if he's still up for a drink, he said sure and asked for a good day. I said Tues/Wed are great.

He responds with "I don't drink during the week." Um, OK, so I asked if he drinks coffee or tea.

No response. As handsome as this guy is, he is making me feel like there's not much else to him... Is he a flake? Truthfully I'm thinking the random text on Saturday night was a booty call.

I'm venting. I really was into him, but now I'm confused by him. He is playing some kind of mindgame with me, which is stressing me out more than it should.

I asked him for his number because I wanted to go on a date and get to know him. When I see him again I am just gonna say that. It's not rocket science, it's common sense and dating 101.

Thanks for reading my rant... Any insight is welcome.

Peace.

And a booty call is bad how?

He doesn't drink during the week? Man, I would be available as hell on the weekend.
I bid NO Trump!

Well..
You have to face it..
Now don't get upset when I say it..

You are way more into him than he is into you.

It's hard to judge his behavior considering the circumstances.

Now ..
Responsiveness and being direct.. I agree he falls short, so look at it this way.

Now that he knows that you are interested considering you put all your cards on the table..

Let him come to you if he's truly interested.
If he engages you randomly.. It's not what you need.. so keep him at a distance if you feel you are acknowledged only when he has nothing better to do.

In the mean time..
Don't let it upset you..
The bottom line is..
You have no Idea what's going on in his head.

Move forward..

LJay Wrote:And a booty call is bad how?

He doesn't drink during the week? Man, I would be available as hell on the weekend.

I never spoke ill of booty calls... I get you're making a joke but I wanted to take him out. We could've been drinking 7Up for all I care. :-) I could tell him Id be available on the weekends, but my expectations are low for him responding to that, too.

Yes, I am more into him than he's into me. I'll just move forward. Anocxu, that is seriously what I wanted to hear. Thanks. :-)

MFax, it just seems to me that because he is not doing what you want, in fairly exact terms, that you are saying it won't work. It might work if you were to make it a lighter sort of thing. Maybe you could have said, well, if Wednesday is not good when is good for you?

Not everybody thinks in terms of formal dates. Try to relax about that. I do wish you luck, but you have to take things as they come sometimes.
I bid NO Trump!

[MENTION=22999]MFax74[/MENTION]
You're a guy that knows what he wants..
Look at how invested you are in what you wanted?
You had the balls to expose your interest to us..
and was humble enough to ask for guidance.. that's what I call ' Enthusiasm'.

There he is .. dwindling his thumbs using your advances to stroke his own ego...

He might have been A 'catch' but you are definitely the prize.

Chin up!
Shoulders back!
Stuff your undies!
And go get YOUR prize!!

You , your attitude and no nonsense direct approach is what is needed in the dating world.

Giant hugs..
:-P

MFax74 Wrote:I asked if he's still up for a drink, he said sure and asked for a good day. I said Tues/Wed are great.

He responds with "I don't drink during the week." Um, OK, so I asked if he drinks coffee or tea.

No response.

Well, he's told you he's willing to go out for a drink with you on a weekend. So propose going out for a drink Friday or Saturday night. Maybe it will be fun. But, even if on this date you decide you want nothing more to do with the guy, I'd consider that success, because then you can move on and not think about the guy anymore. The odds are good that you win either way.

Thanks, all. I get that people's brains work differently, and a lack of courtesy is common but often accidental. I will keep my chin up. Really I forgot about it until the random text. But hey, he's shown some kind of interest in me, so I can accommodate if I ever hear back from him. Apparently he can't stand coffee or tea... :-)

Seriously, just one time. Meet up, chit chat, and go from there. It's pretty basic...

Friends,
An update and a significant development...

So I asked this man out maybe two months ago. Still no date. He DID get back to me about coffee/tea maybe three days after I asked him. He explained he doesn't like either all that much, except decaf tea.

I try a couple more times--how about that drink, when is good, etc... Gets back to me the night before I suggested we meet up, saying he is sick and can't. I tell him I hope he feels better. He thanks me and begins a conversation with me (all via text, which isn't my preferred method but he was sick and probably didn't feel like using his voice anyway). We discuss relationships, social lives, etc... I'm surprised he's actually in a dialogue with me.

I offer to bring him some chamomile and cough drops. He says that would be nice. I brew him some tea, get a little care package together, and bring it down to him. He seems really thankful when I see him. I jokingly say "that's my favorite mug, so you can give it back when we finally hang out!" We text a couple more times, and he says how nice it was of me to do that for him.

That was all a week ago, and I haven't heard from him since. I've talked to friends and family and they agree that after that chivalrous gesture the ball is most certainly in his court. The thing is...

I've started seeing someone else. And he's awesome, and I just know that if this neighbor gets back to me and we do end up getting together and things go well... I would be totally onboard with the neighbor, and disregard this wonderful man I'm currently seeing.

I feel like a player, which is not my style and I know I'm such a huge jerk... And the one guy's my neighbor... It is an overall uncomfortable situation for me. If I wasn't so head over heels, it wouldn't be so bad...

So the ball's in his court, but DAMN, I just want to know if he's interested at all. I'm going to just ask him if I see him around, because this is costing me too much mental energy. I also want my mug back...

Til next time!

Eh, Stick with what you got and stay friends with mr hard to get
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet