Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crush on a teacher
I've a crush on my teacher......do not know what else to say. I'm so embarrassed about this. He's a handsome, young, intelligent man. I'm just 17 and of course nothing can be between us. I don't know how to forget him, I'm skipping his classes and having bad marks in his subject.....once he told me to stay after class, cause he wanted to talk to me about my grades and my absence in his classes. I ran away and now he probably hates me. I'm feeling depressed, sad, crying all the time...i've started to skip not only his classes but all the classes, I don't want to be in school cause I could meet him....I've no one I could talk to, no one knows I'm gay. I know I risk being expelled in the end but i don't care about it or anything else. sometimes I feel like I don't wanna live anymore. I don't know what else to say, ask if u want to know anything more.

Oh no!!! Have ye spoken to anyone....? Please don't feel like yer alone... Ye shouldn't feel like ye can't live, I don't know what else to say... Have ye talked to any of yer friends?

You should seek out a school counselor. If not that, you should try to get into private counseling.

Please check out http://www.emptyclosets.com and/or http://www.thetrevorproject.org, which operates a 24 hour suicide hotline.

If you are not in North America perhaps there are similar resources in your country.

Good luck.

Well, I'm 17 also and once I had a crush on my Physic's Teacher and he's straight, handsome, young, easygoing and stuff like that and that's why I never told him.
Go to school, stay with him after class and everything will be ok, no one has to know that you're gay if you say to him that you want to keep your sexuality as a secret.
Actually, he doesn't need to know, probably he just say to you that you has to go to your classes and stuff like that. Just relax, everything will be ok. Wink

I am a teacher, the only thing that will concern me about a student missing my classes will be missed opportunities for him to grow and learn. I would not be concerned about his sexuality or his crush on me (though I am no longer young and it's less likely to happen therefore)... I'd be really concerned that the student wasn't doing his best, and not getting the best out of his time in education. Remember, Anonymous, that if you're getting an education, it's probably because the tax payers' money is paying for it. Don't let that money go wasted because you aren't taking advantage of it. I'm supposing you live in a country where education is "free"... so to speak.
If you need to talk to someone about your sexual orientation, it had better be someone like the school nurse, or another teacher you trust, maybe not the one you've got a crush on.

Try to think of at least one adult you can talk to. Someone who is not connected to school might be good. Your doctor, a social worker, the parent of a close friend? Tell them you have something really serious to talk over and ask if they will agree not to tell anyone because you are scared that the word must not get out to anyone, including your family right now. You need to get help to calm down and complete your schooling.

If you could tell us where you live, it might help a lot toward finding you some help.
I bid NO Trump!

Crushing on teacher is typical of the teenage student. Many if not most students find that one teacher that really does 'it' for them. Lots of articles are out there, start reading up.

Most teachers are aware that this sort of thing happens. And those that it happens to are often flattered, but are not going to take advantage of the student.

Unlike everyone else I'm going to make a horrible, scary, terrifying suggestion.

Talk to this teacher about your feelings, and explain to him you are in the closet and you don't want anyone to know.

There is a certain level of student/teacher confidence that is maintained. He won't tell anyone you are gay or that you have a crush on him - unless either and or both of these become a real problem, like you start stalking him or trying to pick up on him, or follow him home one night, slip into his house, tie him down and have your way with him.

He is obligated to tell about abuse, about suicidal thoughts, and other things which poise a harm to yourself or others. So I would strongly urge you to not discuss with him your thoughts of self murder.

He is worried about you, he has noted your lack of being their and most likely fears you are in an abusive situation at home or on drugs or some other horrific thing and is trying to reach out to you. He is a good teacher and this part of his job to reach out, understand the student and make certain the student is safe.

I can assure you he most likely already knows that its his class that you have issues with. Most likely already checked your schedule and talked a little with your other teachers.

It would ease his mind a lot to know your step dad isn't beating the crap out of you nightly, or that you are doing drugs behind the bleachers or something.

So telling him your gay and crushing on him most likely will be a relief to his mind than a 'problem'.

Avoiding him, avoiding the class, missing on your studies is going to cause more problems than fessing up.

Yes he is going to tell you that crush as hard as you want there is no hope of anything between you two. Even if he is gay. Its just a no-go type situation, that is even questionable when the age difference is closer and the student graduates thus no longer actually a student. Society frowns on the concept.

You're 17. In the US you're considered an adult at 18. You should consider bucking up, growing a pair and start being responsible. I'm 47. If I ran from every crush I've had I'd still be living under a bridge.

Get your ass back in school.

Borg69 Wrote:You're 17. In the US you're considered an adult at 18. You should consider bucking up, growing a pair and start being responsible. I'm 47. If I ran from every crush I've had I'd still be living under a bridge.

Get your ass back in school.

Yeah and Get off the Lawn too you young whipper snapper!

ive got a crush on my chorus teacher when I went to school,ive added him on facebook and found out hes gay too,hes easily doubled my age thoughSad