Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third world war
I don't know if it is just me or people are actively avoiding this topic because they are too scared to face this fact or maybe cuz they think it is bullshit, or maybe it is bullshit.. Idk

Lately, I've been keeping up with the news.. And with how things are going, It is rather scary to be honest. I mean how I see it, tension's just building up right now and what scares me more is that all this tensions is at the hands of stupid, reckless, selfish and ruthless world leaders who don't think of the consequences but they just want to bomb each other out of hate, resentment and anger... Even worse, It is going to be a nuclear world war which will wipe out entire nations if not continents... Ofcourse, remote islands would survive this and some other parts of the world except for the middle east ofcourse because it is in the midst of chaos.. Like always. Today, I read that "Accidentally" Russia dropped missiles in Iran while it was attacking Syria trying to bomb the ISIS. Long story short, shit's starting and it is freaking me out. Is it true? Is it not? I don't know.

Putin should drop dead soon, he's over 60, after all. once he's gone, we'll have world peace. it's that simple.

and no, we're not on the brink of a WWIII. things are just bad right now. it happens.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:Putin should drop dead soon, he's over 60, after all. once he's gone, we'll have world peace. it's that simple.

and no, we're not on the brink of a WWIII. things are just bad right now. it happens.

Wait, who's Putin? And what makes you so sure that WWIII won't happen ?

verysimple Wrote:Wait, who's Putin? And what makes you so sure that WWIII won't happen ?

i'm not precognitive, so i can't be sure. it's just a hunch i have.

i'll spare you the knowledge of knowing who Vladimir Putin is. (it's cute there exist people who haven't even heard of him, though). but since he's bombing away in Middle-East now, you'll probably run across the name sooner or later anyway.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Dear Chicken Little,
Might I suggest you acquire and read the wonderfully comical, yet character building novella, "The Mouse Who Roared". It has been made into a movie twice, but please do not succumb to temptation and watch either version. It is only via the written word, that the authors thoughts on Weapons of Inevitable Destruction educate.
I might also suggest the "Disk World" series.
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:Dear Chicken Little,
Might I suggest you acquire and read the wonderfully comical, yet character building novella, "The Mouse Who Roared". It has been made into a movie twice, but please do not succumb to temptation and watch either version. It is only via the written word, that the authors thoughts on Weapons of Inevitable Destruction educate.
I might also suggest the "Disk World" series.
~Beaux

Chicken Little?? Dude, we're talking about a nuclear holocaust here... It's only normal to wanna shit your pants if that ever happened cuz that'll destroy the world...

I don't know about WWIII, but things are really bad right now. Former KGB Putin is trying to resurrect the former Soviet Union, Russia is militarily active in the middle east which we basically pushed them out of in the 70's, Iran is now unleashed and has the funding to fulfill it's objectives, and a group to radical for Al Queda now has a stronghold in 2 countries.

It's a grim situation, and Obama's a talker, while Putin's a doer!

verysimple Wrote:Chicken Little?? Dude, we're talking about a nuclear holocaust here... It's only normal to wanna shit your pants if that ever happened cuz that'll destroy the world...
This song became popular in the US when I was about your age, half a century ago, 1965:

I've lived with the threat of nuclear annihilation my whole life and recognized the insanity of it in my mid-teens. (I mean, seriously, that human beings have 'evolved' to the point where they can assure mutual destruction and regard this as necessary and acceptable behavior IS INSANE.) In some ways I'm surprised we've gotten this far without a major conflagration. I'm not totally convinced it won't happen. In fact, with the ever increasing population and demands made on resources, it seems inevitable at some point. But, then again, we're still here despite all the madness that has unfurled thus far. So who really knows? I decided long ago it just wasn't worth "worrying" about because for better or worse I can't do anything directly about it. Sure, I can protest wars (I've been doing it most of my life), I can try and be a peaceful human being myself, I can avoid falling into the trap of believing "MY SIDE" is right and "the other side" is wrong (whether based on economics principals, religion, race, divine right or WTFE). I can live my life as fully as possible not frozen in terror at the prospect of something that might, or might not, happen. But what I cannot do is change other people or directly influence the structures of real power (not politics, FYI). So, IDK, *shrug*. I guess the alternative is just driving yourself crazy with fear and expectation... but that ain't no way to live either.

America's middle eastern wars were, to put it simply a massive clusterfuck of stupidity and death.
There's no doubt that they're are going to go down in the history books as one of mankind's most misguided, poorly executed and simply moronic military campaigns.

What's going on in Syria now is simply the incredible fallout from one of the biggest blunders in modern history. There's no reason to believe that it'll leave the middle east anymore than it already has.

Also there's a decent chance that an accidental nuclear blast/launch will be the one that kills us.
http://www.history.com/news/9-tales-of-b...ut-history

meridannight Wrote:Putin should drop dead soon, he's over 60, after all. once he's gone, we'll have world peace. it's that simple.

Errr yeah possibly. But Putin has killed all his political rivals and turned the Russian government into a subservient rubber stamp for his policies. It's entirely possible that the oligarchs that support Putin will simply appoint another tyrant in his place.

Quite probably there will be a Russian civil war, after all the nation is burning money faster than a trust fund kid who just won the lottery. And nothing says imminent revolution like crippling poverty. But Russia is never simply going to snap back to democracy.

It's sad but I think that I'll live long enough to see Russia removed from the list of developed nations.