Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on Crisis
Hi. I did want to post a update to all concerned readers on my mental health crisis. I did finally breakdown and go to the ER in town. I was not suicidal but at the end of my rope mentally. I had to lie and tell them I was suicidal. It worked and they transported me to a treatment inpatient center in Texarkana Arkansas. That was on the 11th of July I believe. I got home this Monday the 26th. They put me on Prozac and Abilify which seems seems to have balanced out my severe depression.  I seem to be have a more optimistic view on everything.  I do not know if I will ever totally come out to  my 77 year old dad. I will just take care of my self mostly for now. I do want to find a lgbt therapist. I have looked and the only reasonable and affordable thing is to find one online? The other decision I made is not to jump into a relationship at this point. It would not be fair, it just seems very difficult to find a compatible guy. I have been searching online going on for two years and a couple of catfish scammers lol.

At any rate thank you goes to everyone who responded to my postings.

Have a great rest of the day.

Rich

@richhix56 I'm glad you were able to get the help you needed. A lot of people have had good success with Prozac. Now, my view on medications is this, if they help, take it. When it comes to your 77 year old dad, yeah, given his age probably not worth the trouble and the other thing to look at when evaluating your situation when it comes to relationships is that it is easy to make yourself feel like you're completely trapped. Not saying you should or shouldn't seek a relationship, the ball is in your court on that. However, I think it may be worthwhile to seek friends and talk to people like you're doing on here. Take up new hobbies or interests, whatever you do don't be idle.

Take care
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • richhix56

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, and you got treatment.

Be gentle with yourself, and take care of yourself for now, focus on that. A relationship shouldn't be anywhere in your sights at this moment.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • richhix56

You do right. The best thing for you at the moment is to focus on your own well-being, and get yourself into a stronger and healthier mental state. It will take time, don't rush things.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • richhix56