Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I Finally Did It
So I finally came out to the family the weekend after months, no, years of deliberating how I was going to do it. Finally plucked up the courage to do it by text message of all things, bit weird I know, but I'm glad I finally did it.

Invasion

Congratulations!!! That's amazing. It sounds like it went relatively well too. BdaybiggrinBdaybiggrinBdaybiggrinBdaybiggrin

congratulations .... :-) bold step....

strange way .. but if the results are ok *g .. and how were the reactions? I hope positive?

That’s awesome SteveO, an by text no less think about that not a decade ago you couldn’t have done that. Back in the day you would have called up the family an left a awkward voice mail. I guess you could have done it by email which is pretty much a text but not as direct.
I love you technology you make you make everything easier. Even something as hard as coming out.

Oh and again SteveO Respect

Timmy, couldn't help but sense a bit of sarcasm in your reply lol.

I know it was a stupid way to do it, but I know I wouldn't have been able to pluck up the courage to do it face to face. Bit of a coward like that you see.

Sorry if it came of as sarcastic, I really meant what I said. In fact if a ever come out think I’ll do it by text.
I’d be like “Mom I’m Gay LOL”
Than turn off my phone an lock all the doors.

again I'm really happy for you.

Good on you steveo! Luxhello

Well done Stevo, You made a very bold step , you sent the text , I would however make time to chat to your parents now they know . Mine were shocked and upset for a bit and sometimes it good to make time to talk , they may need time to adjust to the idea . Good on you , If you can get the support from your parents , telling eveyone else will prob seem a doddle in comparison . Best wishes , you have decided to become your true inner self and that deserves anyones respect in my view

Well done.

Did you get a response yet? (hopefully all good)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Congratulations!:biggrin:

I made my mum guess what the important thing i couldn't quite say was.
She guessed at a load of things.

Then she said "Errrr. You have a boyfriend?"
My jaw dropped.:eek:
I replyed. "Errr no. But i'm gay."(which was dead hard for me to say. The words came out really quietly too.:redfaceSmile

I think there really isn't a cowardly way of coming out.
As the act itself takes more than enough courage.Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so