Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First public kiss ended in disaster...
In my life, I've had quite a few boyfriends, but have always been VERY cautious when it came to public displays of affection. However, this was not because I feared expressing my love, or possibly making a spectacle of myself; it was out of fear of being harassed (physically or verbally)...So, today, I decided that I was tired of hiding, and that I wanted to kiss my boyfriend (of 6 months) right there on the sidewalk, in front of my house. It started out as one of the most beautiful moments of my life, but no sooner had my lips touched his, had two homophobes drive by us and scream "F****TS!" and "Q***rs!" at us. I immediately pulled away, and am still kind of in shock. So, my question is: "Has anything like this ever happened to you and, if so, how did you cope with it? How did you feel okay again, and develop the strength to not hide yourself away?

Cry:frown:

Mate! There will always be guys like that and this doesn't mean that the kiss was a dissaster! Nothing should stop you from enjoying a day with your boyfriend and affectionate moments with him, even in public. What do those guys' words mean? They are only showing THEIR ignorance and stupidity! You and your bf have something beautiful together, I bet, and no one can take that away from you! Show the world your love! Please, don't be saddened over this, that's exactly what those guys wanted...your kiss was something magical, always will be and people can only envy you for having that...

Bighug

Confusedmile:Wink

Important is that you do what you do for YOU ( and maybe you bf ) not to show others who you are, what you want to say ..or maybe only to provocate ... only then you have enough - we say here - own ass in you trousers to stand against unfriendly fire....
IF you do such things because it your way to be you ...than it is easy to react ...and fight back.... but if you do things only to provocate you have mostly not enough power to stand against others

It's really too bad that this happened, but I wouldn't call it a disaster. I would say that, depending on where you're at, it could be dangerous. There are a lot of simple minded people out there and this sort of thing is more than their little brains can process, therefore they resort to verbal abuse and even violence. Testosterone and a weak mind is a dangerous combination. I hope you have better luck next time, but be careful.

next time blow them a kiss. Its what I would do. Big Grin

Im sorry they did that to you and there just small minded. Ive never come across this sorta thing as ive never kissed or been kissed by a boyfriend in public, but i would like to even if the outcome happens to be people who dont like seeing it. The only thing ive had is people looking at me when i had a boyfriend holding my hand or standing beside me or behide me rubbing me with his hand and yea i was embarrassed, but he was just being like anyone would be gay or straight. Confusedmile:

They're just jealous that you have someone special to kiss and they don't, hehe.

Hello,
Regardless where you are on earth even the most gay place on earth your still get biggopts shout things like that.. l have had this experience before and you feel a little humilated but you shouldnt... Ignore the remarks and if you want to give your bf a kiss as long as its not a tounge down the throat job shouldnt be a problem... Eventually people get bored of the comments and life continues as normal... Or so i found I give my bf a kiss goodbye regardless where on earth we are i beleive ya dopnt like what u see then turn the other way no one is forcing you to watch and everyone is intitled to kiss in public to some degree as long as they dont offend those in a way which can cause distress for example full on snogging i hate it regardless who you are and do tell people off who do it in a bar

Thank you all for the encouraging words. It really warms my heart to know that people care, and that I'm not alone *hugs*

yes Ive had that happen to me before in my life but one thing i will say is this just do you whatever makes you feel comfortable i know its rough but trust me everyone get these experiences at least from time to time but i will say don't worry about them in what they say or do to you because you don't know them and they don't know you
btw welcome to gs its a pleasure to meet you enjoy your staySmile