Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16yo son acting out
Beaux Wrote:Sometimes, from the teen's point of view, if you don't PUSH to spend time with him, then he doesn't think you REALLY want to....
~Beaux

Yeah, the inconsistency of a teenagers thought process doesn't help. I know, I remember, all those feelings and emotions that come out of nowhere, no experience on how to process them.

I just remember hating HAVING to spend time around my parents. Hated being ordered to do something with them.

This past weekend was good. Took him to his service project for school, had a nice lunch and we talked about school and helping others. Saw "Deadpool" with him, which we both loved. Then baseball practice on Sunday. He gave me a HUGE hug when I dropped him off with his mom. Have therapy tonight with him and his mom, so we'll see how that goes.

I want to say thanks to everyone who's chimed in on this thread. I know this is an ongoing process, and I have to make a lot of visible effort for my son to see how much I care about him.

Therapy went well, and I was correct in my assessment of my boyfriend reminding my son of life with his birth parents. Missed the fact that his birth parents also smoked. Therapist dug a little deeper than I would have. My son definitely is triggered by certain things my boyfriend does.