Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can telling your father be this terrible?
I've just seen this short film and I liked it so thought I would share it with you. Sometimes people you love make you do something that they know will be for the best.

Except, Xandor, that this guys is actually going to tell his dad, isn't he?

It might be nice to think that your father would have shown more compassion than you think. I used to think that my dad was completely against homosexuals. Unfortunately for him, he's had two sons in that group; one has died of an AIDS-related illness. Now, he shows me much more respect than I would ever have expected. He knows about me, and yet, I've never had to say anything. Thanks, dad. Confusedmile:

I subscribed to him :x this isn't the first time you've shared a video and I've ended up subscribed, thanks.

i told my dad at 17 i was gay.... and since then only seen him three times now im 26... Perfect no loss there my mums my main parent my dad was never a father well a proper father so no loss suffered

My grandfather, that is my mother's stepfather, has a gay son he hasn't spoken to for more than twenty years. No one in my family has made a fuss over my sexuality. I've never point-blank told Jerry I was gay, but my grandmother knows as does everyone else. I imagine if he had an issue with me because of it, he would find himself out on the doorstep rather quickly. My family is very tight and we take care of each other. I have a feeling my grandfather deeply regrets now how he treated his son.

See i always though my own father was against homosexuality, which made it especially hard for me to really open up to him. When the subject would arise, he would mention that it's considered immoral, which is why i never told him first. Hell i had more of a difficult time, actually, telling my brothers than my own dad....

in the video he was worried that he may get wriien out of the will.
college bound guys may have somesort of the same issue.

i like this guy...thanks!!

I just subscribed to that channel as well

Those of you who have accepting families are truly lucky.

(not only do I live in a place where all the neighbors are anti-gay, and there's a fair amount of racism too)
My mother in particular is very homophobic/anti-gay, father is anti-gay as well...but not like my mother, brother is more accepting of gays than he used to be, but still somewhat anti-gay. My sister is the only one who's accepting, and one of her closest friends is a gay guy.

Besides the fact i don't want to be 'out', there's a reason i wouldn't mention my bi side to any family member.

Quote:Can telling your father be this terrible?
so after watching that (shocking/scary) vid ... the answer would be: YEP it is ... if i was put in that situation..I'd have 2 choices (since i could never tell) :
* "disappear" which would mean I'd eventually end up living on the streets
or
* go jump of a bridge(/something along that line)

Rawr Wrote:I subscribed to him :x this isn't the first time you've shared a video and I've ended up subscribed, thanks.

You're welcome, Rawr, I'll share anything that I find touching, or worth watching or listening to. What you do next is your own business, right? But I'm glad you enjoyed it. Wink