Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Bars/Clubs
Scotty Wrote:Never been in a gay bar or club. I prob never will as I don't think it's my thing at all.

In life if you never try one you never know if its for you or not... Syaing your never enter a gaybar or club is like saying your never enter a pub or resturant

First off, thanks (everyone) for replying to this thread and sharing your experiences. I have been contemplating it for a while now and I feel like I should go to a gay club/bar at least once to get some personal insight.

East Wrote:Do you have alot of clubs to choose from? The thing is...there are all different types of clubs and they all have different vibes and you have to find one that appeals to you.

There is one gay bar that I know of around my area. I think it may be a club to be honest. From what I've been told, it's a nice place to hang out. Of course personal opinions vary, but I may just give it a try.

Lunar Wrote:First off, thanks (everyone) for replying to this thread and sharing your experiences. I have been contemplating it for a while now and I feel like I should go to a gay club/bar at least once to get some personal insight.

There is one gay bar that I know of around my area. I think it may be a club to be honest. From what I've been told, it's a nice place to hang out. Of course personal opinions vary, but I may just give it a try.

I sincerely hope you have a good time. You never know..every crowd is different...even in the same club the vibe can completely change from night to night. It does help to bring a positive and non judgemental attitude. I must say most of the times I had a bad night was when I had negative whiny judgemental people in front of me all night complaining about and ridiculing everything and everybody...the real problem, of course, was them.:biggrin:

If you are positive yourself you will attract other positive people and have alot more fun.

Mr. Not So Lonely Wrote:I have been to many many many gay clubs/bars I no longer go WHY? you may ask....
making music louder does NOT make it better and every club/bar has music so loud you can damage your hearing not to mention most of them are full of two types of people. clicky little bitches who think they are better that everyone else(and are not) and the ones who are looking for sex and only sex.
At 51 been there done that and besides I have a wonderful man who loves me who I met right here on this site and do not need the drama or games of the club scene.

If you wish to do the club thing go for it it is just not for a real man who wants more than just a quicky or to be snubbed by a pretty/petty little queen

Eeep. Not all feminine guys are that way :3 I'll have you know Mr. :biggrin: .

But I agree. Bars in general to me are pretty gross. I go a few times a year with my gal pals (who are straight) to this gay friendly bar. It's gay friendly past 11pm lol. I'm not old enough to drink, so I don't and from all the stories I've heard about roofies and what not, I don't think I ever will.

I love to dance, but it's like, whenever your dancing by yourself, someone just tries to grind all up in your space. and I'm like "get off my ass", cause I don't go there to have sex. I'm like, "I'll let you know, but for now, get up out my face". I don't even like going really, but my friends have fun, and after awhile I do too.

When you go with girls, expect to try to be hooked up alot. My friend tried to hook me up with a married man, and I was like "you don't see that big ol' ring on his finger?"but she's usually drunk by that time (she's 22 this year).

And I feel like I have to watch after them, cause otherwise i'm scared they might get raped by somebody, so while I'm in my own little bubble dancing, with some guy trying to jump in my pants, and I'm trying to shoo him away, I have to watch my friends at the same time to make sure they don't go somewhere without telling one of us (it's usually 5 of us). The buddy system & no gal left behind rule is always in effect when we go out. I always feel like the "mom" when we go out, cause I have to make sure they're okay.

If i'm out with guys(my gay guy friends too), it's alot less worrying, cause they could handle themselves.

I prefer house parties or just no parties at all.

My Snuggie waits for me at home, along with a good book and some Bach or Mozart playing on my iPod and a cup of hot coco :3. Much more of a sit in bed and read person, rather than going out and getting raped person.

I'm actually scared that one day, one of my friends or I would get raped, cause you wont believe the amount of guys that crowd the bar. The ratio is like 5guys for every 3girls. Plus, the guys that go there are sometimes aggressive. People don't peg me for a bar/party goer, but I can get pretty wild, but it's rare that I really have fun.

It's really up to you and where you go. Just make sure you are able to take care of yourself. Don't accept drinks from random people and have a buddy. No buddy, no go to bar, thats the rule. and never leave your buddy! Wink .

Lunar Wrote:There is one gay bar that I know of around my area. I think it may be a club to be honest. From what I've been told, it's a nice place to hang out. Of course personal opinions vary, but I may just give it a try.

Look it up online. Presumably it has a site and it will tell you what, if any, themes are during the week. Many clubs will have a night in the week that is devoted to a certain type of music, karaoke, etc, and with that in mind you can better choose which night to go on.

My only real caveat is I've found going to bars and clubs annoying on Fridays and Saturdays. Prices tend to be higher, there's a lot more drunks on the road, and a lot more people show up who can't handle their liquor or drugs of choice.

I agree with PIX.
Although my clubbing and bar hopping is strictly limited to Japan, I can tell you that Fridays and Saturdays are way too expensive, way too packed and full of people just looking to get laid.
Not to mention the ones that are there just to get drunk and high and they end up passed out in toilet stalls and such.

If you go on a weekday though, you can actually meet regulars and things can unravel from there.

And I think impressions of bars and clubs rely hugely on how drunk and happy you are.
Sure they are slimy and smokey and everyone is sweaty, but if you are having fun you wont notice it.
But when you are feeling miserable, you do see all that stuff and it makes you want to leave ASAP.

For me, I did all the partying i could possibly do.
Now I just enjoy evenings with my puppy and relax Smile

Well in my experience each gay bar or club is different. Ive been in clubs where it was a big hookup spot with a dark room in the back that was full of guys having "fun". I've been to ones where it was a big dance party with a neat drag show. Fun Fun. One of the Big Bars around here is called Tryangles and seemed really crowded but had a mix of people looking for different things. From those who just want a trick to people who want to chit chat. One thing I didn't like about the place was an open bathroom area but who knows what it looks like nowadays.

Since I Carry Concealed now I don't go to bars anymore. I just wish there was some other places to go and chit chat with LGBT peoples besides bars and club.

i been to gaypub with m sister and frind.it is very good . i was dancing and it have a drink. a man kissed me ones.i like it im same gay man.

the gay bay scenes are no different in la; but because of the huge populace... at least there are options. weho is very different from long beach as castro in san fran in very different from hillcrest in san diego. one advice though is to neva go alone. jus safer in numbers.

Zet Wrote:I've never been to a gay bar, but I am not that into the bar seen either. Loud music (Got REALLY sensitive ears), people humping dancing, full of buffoons and morons. Ratter the pub scene where you just drink some beers and chat with your mates on a booth and just having a jolly good time. :tongue: But as said that is just me

I agree about the noise. I lived in San Francisco from 1980 to 2001 and I can count on both hands how many times I went to the bars or a night club. The noise was awful. I wanted to talk to people I meet, not scream at them at one inch away to get myself understood. I found lots of other places to meet people. I really liked the gay bowling leagues for meeting men. You could actually talk, and the best plus of all is that they all looked like they had jobs. :biggrin: