Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Relationships: Shy Guys Make Good Boyfriends Too
Shyness does not a good or bad boyfriend make. They may be wonderful once you get to know them.

shy guys can be cute.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I'm a little shy, but not nearly as much as what I was years ago. Yes, shy guys can make wonderful lovers, but one thing a shy guy has to do is to make sure he is not so shy that nobody ever has a chance to find that out.

i'm shy to the point of blushing. a lot of my ex boyfriends said they found it endearing Wink

I'm very shy when it comes to any sort of romantic or sexual gestures. I never make any initiatives and I never respond to them. If a guy I'm having a crush on actually showed some interest in me, I would be horrified and run away. Heck, I'm even anxious about creating a profile to a dating site in the fear that someone might actually send me a message. Now, I might make a good boyfriend, but at this point I fear that anyone willing to date me would first have to go through a 10 steps program where Aike learns how to do very simple boyfriend-to-boyfriend interactions without anxiety.

alot of the advice part of the OP seems to basically been outlining how to change yourself. Go out to social situations specifically outside your comfort zone, in the hopes of becoming more outgoing, etc etc.

Right after saying that shy guys shouldnt seek to change themselves like that...

Besides which. Nothing said here is anything new compared to all the other advice posts for shy people.
I appreciate the thought, but not the fact that its just a rehash of the same advice every similar article, column what-have-you that I've seen everywhere else.

This is basically what the OP made me think of when I was done reading, minus the harsh ending:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4uosNYrkpjs/Ul....18+PM.jpg

I feel like i'm 50% percent shy and 50% outgoing. I used to be super outgoing in highschool, became more shy in college. Being out of school and having dated and met new people i will say i like staying in the middle ground. Try and not be complete loner but also not a huge attention whore, observe as much as you partake in conversation.

I'm shy, used to be VERY shy in the past but I'm slowly recovering some social life. I've had two "dates" over the past few weeks and both dates told me how wonderful a person I am. I must say that is encouraging, but there's still a long way to go to achieve a proper self-esteem.

Shy Guys Make Good Boyfriends

But... Since nobody loves you here are ways to change yourself to stop being shy so you won't be a good boyfriend...

That is what is really being said with this.

Society already punishes the introverts enough, the last thing we need is another so called 'expert' trying to convince shy/introverts to be something they are not. BTW most shy people are introverts, there is nothing wrong with them. They are what they are, but society continually expects them to be more than they are telling them they should be an extrovert. No they should be themselves, society should sit down and shut the fuck up about it.

Let us instead now seek to punish the extroverts for a while, see how they like it.

I'm shy (and used to be even mroeso than I am now)..