Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay/Straight friendship complications
OK, so here's my problem. I have a straight male friend that I've become very close with in the last year or so and we had formed a brother-like relationship. This was cool and I was happy with how everything was. My friend, however, has taken things in a sexual direction and I'm lost now. Nothing has actually happened physically between us and it never will. He's made it very clear he's 100% heterosexual, but.. he's shared intimate details about himself with me w/o any prompting and has begun to tease me by intentionally bending over in front of me (which is no big deal honestly) and holding things so that I look at his crotch (which effects me). So basically, it's taken our friendship from just being a friendship to a sexual direction that I don't want to go down and I don't think he does either (Or at least he says he doesn't). I just wanna be friends with the kid. I have had way too many problems with straight male friends who have gone this direction in the past and I just want to get back on the solely friend level and get rid of all the sexual tension completely.

I honestly feel bad since the vast majority of male friends I've had in the past, I've had some sort of sexual attraction to and I was feeling good that our friendship was completely void of this and then he inserted it in. I just don't know how to fix this.. Any ideas?

Tell him to stop. And make it clear that you want it to STOP, FULL STOP.
Its not nice if he is teasing you sexualy. Even if it is unintentional/he doesn't mean it.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

What has he said when you've discussed your dilemma with him?

Make it clear, that you don´t want it, that he should respect you and your personality like you do it to him. Teasing like you describe it, shows - on my opinion - that he hasn´t really understand the very small border between good/best friends and irreverence.

I guess part of the problem and I didn't explain this very well in the first post is that now that the cat is out of the bag, I have begun to see him in a more sexual manner. I find myself being vastly more flirtatious with him than I actually intended and well I've had a fantasy or two about him.

We have talked and he's apologized, but yeah.. it's kind of a little too late.

LorZod Wrote:I guess part of the problem and I didn't explain this very well in the first post is that now that the cat is out of the bag, I have begun to see him in a more sexual manner. I find myself being vastly more flirtatious with him than I actually intended and well I've had a fantasy or two about him.

We have talked and he's apologized, but yeah.. it's kind of a little too late.

I think, there is nothing to late at this early point ... but you both must get very fast back to the basic - the friendship. And watch out, that you both never get back to a point with flirting and teasing, or it will hurt your feelings and one day maybe destroy the friendship.

I understand that you probably really want just friendship with the guy, but do you really think that if anything sexual happened between you two, it would spoil your friendship?

I don't think there's a right or wrong way of going about it so long as you both understand the implications... if preserving the friendship is more important than 'experimenting' with a straight guy, then you draw some boundaries... That part of it is a choice...

good luck Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk