Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess I just need a place to tidy up my mind
princealbertofb Wrote:I knew what you meant with your LOL, @Darius, and I'm glad @seeking got the joke too. I just wanted to make sure the message was still clear, something we need to be careful of when dealing with members whose mother tongue is not necessarily English. Seeking seems to be doing well with the English language, but it may not be the case with everyone on the boards, as I've found out with other members. I wasn't sure whether he knew the word wiener (but then I was equally unsure whether he knew the word penis... so, ....) :biggrin:

I think the Mandarin word for that is 'yinjing'. Right, @seeking? 陰莖 or in simplified 阴茎. Probably not 'weina" 维纳.

I know your concern, Prince. The word "wiener" is not the one that foreign people would learn from school normally and could potentially cause confusion. But as a gay man who browsed through many gay sites I am quite familiar with the sub-meaning of it....And because I already knew Darius a bit to expect what he would mean Tongue

And yes yinjing is the word but it's the one which is very formal just like "penis" in english. The slang word would be 雞巴 jiba , 屌 diao (also a foul word) and many others that I can't list them all especially if you consider the differences between mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

princealbertofb Wrote:Tu apprends le français, [MENTION=13183]seeking[/MENTION]?

Oui, c'est la raison que je viens en France et j'espere que je peux l'ameliorer. Big Grin