Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you come out of the closet?
Like how do you go and tell them?You wake up and go and be like 'mom,dad i am gay' ?
How do u do that?

It's not something that you sit down and plan in fine detail, and even if you do, it never goes the way that you plan. Coming out is something that just happens when the time is right.

Parents will often let you know when they are ready for the conversation by saying something like 'I know there is something troubling you, but I want you to know I love you no matter what, I just want you to be happy, I want you to be able to come to me and talk about anything.'

Chances are your parents alreay know, or suspect, especially your Mum. So don't put pressure on yourself to come out...just let the process take it's natural course. ;-)

You open the door first might help lol!

My story is a little weird. If was my first year in university and my roommate asked me to look at his balls. I told him, i didn't want to see them. He said i must be gay if i didn't. I was so caught off guard, about his logic i said, " i might be gay, but that doesn't mean i want to see you balls." That was the first time i did it, but there have been many more with other people.

There is no Standart-outing-way ... be careful and diplomatic .. or do it my way and you can see your mother change her color from green.... to yellow.... to cherry-red..... but after a while it is ok.... she gets a clear-white color and start breathing again Confusedmile:

Kharma Wrote:Like how do you go and tell them?You wake up and go and be like 'mom,dad i am gay' ?
How do u do that?

I was never in the closet. It occurred to me I was gay one day in high school and within 10 minutes I had told my whole family and I was done with it.

I often joke that I was trying to piss off my family and this is partially true but the deeper truth is that I truly do not care about anyone's approval except my own (and maybe my lovers now) so it was never an issue for me. I think the need for acceptance and approval is the driving force behind people not wanting to come out.

I think alot of people are trained to see themselves as a reflection through someone else's eyes. My Advice to anyone...if you can avoid that misfortune...DO IT! Alot of human misery comes from seeing yourself though someone else's eyes.

this is how i came out to my mother - "Mom, i have good news!! im gay" and she was like - "oh its a just a phase..." but she learned to accept it in the long run Big Grin

the key is try not to make it sound negative, coming out is a good thing, you can listen to the songs you like without being judge and look at men's butts without any excuse..

well, my coming out story is still in progressive Tongue

4 years ago i had a great fight with my parents so i end up crying on my room and having all this weird suicidal thoughts by that time in greece were thinking to make ligal same sex marriage anyway my sister came to my room so i it was too much for me and i just spit it out...
Thanks god my sister is really cool and she was really happy with me being gay... After a couple of days we went out together and she made all this weird questions about homosexuality and etc and now we even talk about our sex life Wink
After that i came out to some close friend and this year to some of my friend in the university
But i never really came out to my parents and i dont really find any reason to do it atm so i cant give you any advise about your parents but try to test the water with your brothers or sisters before and talk to them they are alway a good alliance Smile

I don't think I'll ever want to really hear about my sister's sex life, nor would she wanna hear about mine.

But good coming out story

Trust me sometimes you have to... otherwise you wont have clear image why she break up Tongue