Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about meeting people IRL that you've met online ?
Done it a few times and learned the hard way :eek:

Usually tried to meet for the first time in a public place, but other than that it's not any more risky than cruising ...

The maddest first meet was to fly to Geneva to spend a weekend with Albert. He was held up for a couple of hours and I really wondered what I'd let myself in for. Now look where that's got me Wink

I led a VERY sheltered life through my early teens and was an active member of a chat service run by Lycos. I was wholly addicted, spending hours and hours at the computer, neglecting my schoolwork, and often sitting up til 2am. At 14 and 15, that isn't good.

I "met" a lot of people on there, some I considered friends - in the furthest extent someone you've never seen CAN be considered a friend - and often wished to meet them.

I eventually DID meet the ones closest to me, under circumstances that were rather forced on me, and I have to say, I learnt a lot. People are not often like their alter egos online - I know I wasn't - and whatever occurs IRL was always used as some kind of ammunition once everyone returned to the safety of their PC's.

I was terrified of doing it, having heard all kinds of stories, but for the most part, I've enjoyed meeting people offline, and would do it again now I'm more confident in myself.

Dan x

Very sagely put *nods with respect*.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

marshlander Wrote:Done it a few times and learned the hard way :eek:

Usually tried to meet for the first time in a public place, but other than that it's not any more risky than cruising ...

The maddest first meet was to fly to Geneva to spend a weekend with Albert. He was held up for a couple of hours and I really wondered what I'd let myself in for. Now look where that's got me Wink

Hopefully, it's got you a second home country.... and plenty of new people to play with. Wink

princealbertofb Wrote:Hopefully, it's got you a second home country.... and plenty of new people to play with. Wink
I may have made lots of lovely new friends, but there's only one with whom I want to playBighug

ive met up with about 10 pps online now...I think i was nervous with most especially if were meeting up for dating purposes.

Well, there is one I have my eye on and the date aint coming fast enough

i would be very very happy if i met them in rel life but i woud be very abit scared and shy aswell.

marshlander Wrote:I may have made lots of lovely new friends, but there's only one with whom I want to playBighug
Awwwwwww that's just cutissimo.... Love you too, dearie.
HerzBighugHerz

Quote:I'd be nervous thinking they where a serial killer !?!?!
If you had that option I would of selected it Laugh.