Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need advice!
Hi Leslie...

I've arrived at this post quite late.

"I have never known any gay men apart from work/acquaintances. I've never even really thought about them before last year."

You must surely realise that there can be no possibility of a sexual relationship with this guy. He's gay. Why now all of a sudden? Sure, next to diamonds we gay guys are a girls best friend but that is really as far as it will ever go. There are of course some gay men who thrive on the attentions of straight women, I just hope this isn't the case here.

"There are more complications,..."

How could it BE any more complicated?

"I'm going crazy! Is it possible to have a loving relationship? I just don't know if I can handle only a friendship but that is 100% the thing I don't want to lose!"

Leslie, I don't wish to be harsh or condescending but I feel you need to examine your reasons for falling in love with a man who cannot reciprocate. Perhaps examine your previous relationships with straight men, with a counseller perhaps, in protected space where you wont be judged.

Maybe telling this guy how you feel would bring things to the point where he is honest with you about how he regards your relationship. If he has any decency he'll be hosest with you.

This wont kill you, I promise.

Best of luck!