Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made a huge mistake
Lilitu Wrote:Holy shit im not gonna lie that makes me so scared now that I'm gonna screw up in my job.

>.>

Especially since I have access to strangers' bank account numbers and credit card numbers, I don't want to accidentally steal them or do something really stupid.

I am sure you will do fine,just do your best that is all anyone can do.
We all make mistakes,just have to learn from them and carry on.

You've done all you can, just move forward at this point.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

You admitted to your mistake and did not blame anyone else or "point fingers". This was a huge thing for you to do, as the "normal" thing to do is to place blame on as many others as possible, or drag them all down with you.

This is a HUGE leveraging tool on your behalf. If anybody complains to you about what you did, just tell them that you are the kind of person who owns their mistakes, and you dont blame others or drag them down with you, like other people do.

If you work for a decent company, they will also realize this. To tell the truth, it may be the sole reason you did not get fired. Companies consider "snitches" untrustworthy people, and the fact you took sole blame and did not involve anyone else, told them you are not one of these untrustworthy people.

Dont worry, you learned something. Your company also learned something......their Quality Control measures need to be evaluated, since something like this got through the line. So, maybe you did a good thing, in the long run.

Sometimes it takes one small employee screw up to get a company to see where they are failing at. So, maybe this was meant to happen.

Dont worry, everybody will forget about this in a couple of months or so.

Thanks everyone. Hearing about other people messing up is strangely comforting in a way. And no, nobody has downright insulted me or anything, but they're acting pretty cold. I was working with 2 other people when the mistake happened and they were blamed by our bosses at first. When I heard that I went forth and took full responsibility (because I recognized the numbers on the boxes containing the mistakes as my own) but they're still sort of annoyed that they got blamed in the first place.

I guess I'll just have to move on and hopefully rebuild some of the trust that was lost :/

hank Wrote:Yeah, it's prettystupid. My boss was a homophobe. And apparently it is legal in Texas, so long as the company had fewer than 50 employees.

What a total crock o' BS. Sad
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

HumbleTangerine Wrote:....I guess I'll just have to move on and hopefully rebuild some of the trust that was lost :/

For sure! It happens, people make mistakes. Some of them are subconsciously thankful you've provided them a reason to feel all smug about their expertise and experience. But mark my word, one of those is just as capable of making a mistake too. They know what happened is possible and a part of the learning process and they know they'd want understanding and support if it were them. But this dollar conscious day and time makes it easy to suppress the positive, if only for the sake of "teaching you a lesson."

I hope you are fortunate to find some way to score some extra points in efficiency or effectiveness somewhere along the way soon! Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Everybody makes mistakes this is how we learn - I'd question would it not be their mistake to have not checked anything you done beforehand to spot potential issues? Don't beat yourself up...

In my job oh god I've made more mistakes than I care to remember I once accidentally ordered some christmas hats.. I meant to get 500 I ordered 50,000 haha that was a big mistake but we got rid in the end. Just now Im known as the crazy ordering guy - but hey yesterday I got told I'm being promoted to manager so it can't be that bad. If you're in a job where they can't understand we are only human and can make mistakes then maybe its time to look elsewhere.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Wolfpack Wrote:That is really wrong, "fewer than 50 employess" why should it matter how many people work at a place to make it a law? not fair on you.
Hope you find work soon

I have bigger and better things. But that is the law here.

HumbleTangerine Wrote:Thanks everyone. Hearing about other people messing up is strangely comforting in a way. And no, nobody has downright insulted me or anything, but they're acting pretty cold. I was working with 2 other people when the mistake happened and they were blamed by our bosses at first. When I heard that I went forth and took full responsibility (because I recognized the numbers on the boxes containing the mistakes as my own) but they're still sort of annoyed that they got blamed in the first place.

I guess I'll just have to move on and hopefully rebuild some of the trust that was lost :/
It's big of you th to stand up and say that you messed up and take it in stride that looks good on you, and though I am sure some purple are irritated thatwill pass andyou will be right where you were again. The fact that you feel bad is proof youare an honest person.

They can teach anybody to be fast theycan't teach honesty. They see that friend

hank Wrote:I have bigger and better things. But that is the law here.

Good i am pleased for you Smile

Still a stupid and unfair law.