Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My friends always do something special for everyone else...
I don't want to sound greedy but whenever it comes to someone's birthdays or sometimes just randomly they tend to go all out for each other. They always ask me to go in on it and I always do. They just did it again, and this time I just had to say no, especially when I'm gonna be short on money so soon. They've never done anything for me, and I just don't know what to think about it. I've been friends with this group of friends for over 10 years and they are all amazing people, but I don't know just makes me feel left out or on a lower tier or something. I just needed to vent, as this isn't something I'd bring up to them as it sounds extremely greedy even though that's not what it is.

I understand why it must be a bit disappointing.
Maybe you could kind of plant a seed, so to speak. Comment on how great those things were, and that you'd really appreciate similar surprises too(nudge nudge, wink wink, etc)
If that makes sense?
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I'm not going to judge your friends as I'd need more backstory first, and I don't think it'd help as you've already said you probably just needed to vent.

One thing you could suggest though that a) helps with budgeting b) makes it fair e.g. you're included, is what me and a small bunch of my friends do. Rather than us each buying a present for each other on a birthday, we all put in the same amount of money before someone's birthday then between us organise what we'll spend the cash on for that person as surprise. It means they get a nice big present/s and we all pay a set amount. I don't do it with all my friends, just this one group. Maybe you could suggest something similar to your friends? Like I say it helps with budgeting too.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

wasn't this like one of that friends episode. "the one with five steaks and an eggplant?"

trywait Wrote:wasn't this like one of that friends episode. "the one with five steaks and an eggplant?"

Kind of, but not really. Yeah I'm tight on money right now, but I feel more outside of the group because my friends do all these awesome things for other friends, and then never do it for me. It's like everyone is besties with everyone else, and then I'm there. I still like them and enjoy spending time with them, but feel like something is missing at the same time.

Even when we're all hanging out sub groups can develop with discussions and I can try to cut in but I don't really know what's going on sometimes. It's like I'm part of the group but not entirely. IDK