Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to guys in relationships.
Question for my general knowledge. It is directed mainly to the couples that are in their 30's and older.
Is it common for sex to be less frequent when you are in a monogamous relationship and both partners have a normal sex drive?

It depends on if that is ok in the relationship or not.
It's different for everyone and anyone who tries to generalize the matter is doing a disservice to our community.
That said, you'll get plenty of feedback on it here so hang in and sort it out buddy!
George and I don't have sex NEARLY as much after 8 years. We had sex daily for two years. Thank GOD it slowed down!!!!! Laugh
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I'll be checking back to follow this because my BF and I wonder a bit about it too. (ages 26 and 28) Right now we can't imagine it happening.

Anonymous Wrote:Question for my general knowledge. It is directed mainly to the couples that are in their 30's and older.
Is it common for sex to be less frequent when you are in a monogamous relationship and both partners have a normal sex drive?

It's like tides. You learn to ride the waves of each others' drives.

Like this: Bill and I love romantic getaways. I found a cottage for rent 20 feet from the ocean on Mayne Island. We went.
1st morning: crazed rabbits having sex. guess the rest.
2nd morning: Horny rabbits guess the rest
3rd morning: sex sex sex and love, yeah!
4th morning: we looked at each other, grinned, and talked about kayaking and a romantic adventure with a packed lunch.

So, we did.

OK let me be a little more specific.
We have been together for 2 years and we have had sex about 12 times. Last time was in March. OK now you can say awwww that's too bad!
It's not me ,I could do him every day but if it's not one thing it's another. Generally life gets in the way and there is no right time.
And before it gets asked, NO he is not cheating. Honestly there would be no time for that.
This is why I asked if it is common for sex to get less frequent in older couples.
OK you may now bash me!

As others said its different for everyone.

I've been with my SO for 10 years, and it's definitely less frequent than it used to be.

ObW
X

I'm 25, my partner is 32, we've been together for 6 years. I'd have to say that the mutual attraction/desire hasn't lessened, but the frequency definitely depends on what happens to be going on in our lives. There are times when the demands of work, family, etc. intrude . I think it's probably that way for most long-term couples, gay or straight.

Sex shouldn't be the main factor of your relationship

I think it is common with a lot of relationships...straight or gay....and I think it is normal.

It really depends upon the individuals involved. I have been with my lover for almost 29 years and our best sex (and most frequent) didn't happen right away. For us...the first five years or so were the most awkward...I had problems with intimacy ...I either had sex with a guy or I loved him...didn't know how to do both at once ...but I learned. He was a very good teacher.

Do you relieve yourself as you choose? Do you ever masturbate to meet your own needs in his presence regardless of his choice? What you describe sounds very understandable if he happens to have that kind of sex drive. If he is relieving himself in other ways, circumventing the relationship then THAT would be an issue. But as described it sounds more like you are sexually frustrated without your needs met and you feel like he does not care. Elaborate and don't be too defensive. Anyone who bashes you is a bitch. Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart