Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick and tired of my childish looks
I'm 25 years old man, however everyone who sees me believes I'm teenager still, some people have said they wouldn't give me more than 16 years. All my life I've suffered from my looks. Everyone treats me like a child, people of my age call me a kid, shop assistants always ask me to show documents when I want to buy cigarettes or alcohol. And even when they see them, they look very suspicious, as if they would think they're fake. The same happens with security guards in clubs or bars. I've to take my passport with me everywhere I go.

And the biggest problem is that it's bothering my relationships with guys. Guys in their 20ties or 30ties never pay any attention to me. When I show some initiative and try to approach someone I like, he usually says something like "I'm not into teens" or "do your parents know you're here hitting on older men?" I've only received attention from someone who's 18 or younger and I'm not interested in guys so young.

Sometimes I feel really bad about this. I feel like I'll never get myself a man. It seems so hopeless just because I don't look like I should look like in my age. I've never had a boyfriend because of this, because I don't like boys, but grown men don't even look at me, as they believe I'm lying about being 25.

What to do? Maybe I should have some plastic surgery or something?

Really, looking younger that you are is good thing. As you get older you will more respect and still look youthful. Enjoy it.

Plastic surgery is a little drastic! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you - all I can say is you will age with time - and in 10 years time you will think god why did I wish that away! If a guy really likes you then how you look won't bother him. I constantly get asked for ID but I don't understand why as I look way older than 25!

I don't think I have the perfect solution.. Because its a difficult problem to advise on... I'd just say hang on in there dude don't let the frustration beat you.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I'd say making experimenting and altering your wardrobe and maybe your hair could add some years but plastic surgery? That doesn't seem like a good idea. What if you had something expensive and painful done and you didn't appreciate the outcome? What if you still didn't have the romance you were seeking? How would you feel then? I'm 25 too and I look it and I'm still not getting what I want either. Cheer up and if you ever need someone to complain to you can always hit me up. I just joined this site but I'm looking to make new friends. Smile

Wolfpack Wrote:Really, looking younger that you are is good thing. As you get older you will more respect and still look youthful. Enjoy it.

This is what I tell myself.

It didn't help my confidence when the busdriver told me I should buy a childrens ticket (age <12) when I was 16.

I wouldn't say I look that young anymore, but I certainly look young enough for my taste. What's worse is, I can't grow a beard and I'm also 25. That's what bothers me the most. I find beards so attractive and I may never be able to grow one Sad

If you gave us a picture, maybe there was more we could do to try and help you get a more mature "look" ? The right clothes and hair help.

I got carded for alcohol when i was in my 40s. That is wonderful in my opinion. Smile

nullnaught Wrote:I got carded for alcohol when i was in my 40s. That is wonderful in my opinion. Smile

A fabulous female friend of mine got carded for alcohol. She looks young and all, but has specks of grey hair and is without a doubt vissibly old enough to buy alcohol.

She got angry !

I see through. I see through. How dare you!
Wait until you're 40 and then we'll talk about it.
Meanwhile I WISH I HAD YOUR PROBLEM!!!
(No offense intended!!!!!!) Tongue3 Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Anonymous Wrote:I'm 25 years old man, however everyone who sees me believes I'm teenager still, some people have said they wouldn't give me more than 16 years. All my life I've suffered from my looks. Everyone treats me like a child, people of my age call me a kid, shop assistants always ask me to show documents when I want to buy cigarettes or alcohol. And even when they see them, they look very suspicious, as if they would think they're fake. The same happens with security guards in clubs or bars. I've to take my passport with me everywhere I go.

And the biggest problem is that it's bothering my relationships with guys. Guys in their 20ties or 30ties never pay any attention to me. When I show some initiative and try to approach someone I like, he usually says something like "I'm not into teens" or "do your parents know you're here hitting on older men?" I've only received attention from someone who's 18 or younger and I'm not interested in guys so young.

Sometimes I feel really bad about this. I feel like I'll never get myself a man. It seems so hopeless just because I don't look like I should look like in my age. I've never had a boyfriend because of this, because I don't like boys, but grown men don't even look at me, as they believe I'm lying about being 25.

What to do? Maybe I should have some plastic surgery or something?

There's so many older man who'd love to have your problem... I'm 38 and had the very same look and teen-like body since my 20... my husband is in the same case than you he's 27 and looks like a kid that just stole he's dad's car when he drives... Give it sometime and as one said... just wait until you hit 40... you may regret the time you had your eternal youth. And I don't know for you... if you go online to look for guys... yes you will have a lot of twinkish 18 years old boys who would approach you but the average of people who'd contact you YES the will be 30 plus.

style your hair differently, grow some facial scruff, maybe update your wardrobe.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!