Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes I hate being gay because I feel being straight would be easier..
Wolfpack Wrote:It is still hard for lesbians but i think there is slightly more acceptance.
Women in general gay or straight have always been able to be more touchy with each other,such as two women kissing each other or dancing with one another is considered acceptable and normal.

But seeing two men together in a intimate way and society still seems to have a FREAK OUT.

The one statement that really REALLY bugs me from guys - 'Two women is fine its kinda hot why have an issue with that, but two guys is wrong' - that one statement I've come across more than I can remember!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:The one statement that really REALLY bugs me from guys - 'Two women is fine its kinda hot why have an issue with that, but two guys is wrong' - that one statement I've come across more than I can remember!

I guess this is all a gender thing, cause there are girls that say it in reverse.
From my experience, if you do something with a guy in public, girls will say its hot. But the guys are just like wth is going on...

I imagine girls get more crap from other girls, just like guys get more crap from other guys. It's kind of weird...

thisLIFE Wrote:I guess this is all a gender thing, cause there are girls that say it in reverse.
From my experience, if you do something with a guy in public, girls will say its hot. But the guys are just like wth is going on...

I imagine girls get more crap from other girls, just like guys get more crap from other guys. It's kind of weird...

Its just not something I guess I've witnessed. Another bug of mine is when women say they want to turn you straight - BLEURGH.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Sometimes I hate being gay because I feel guilty being one of God's favorites when there are so many straight people trying real hard.

thisLIFE Wrote:From my experience, if you do something with a guy in public, girls will say its hot. But the guys are just like wth is going on...

Soooooooooo right. I know a ton of straight women who think it's hot to watch two guys.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

have a big hug from me - cos I know I u feel ,, last few days I have needed a hug, take care m8

thisLIFE Wrote:Dude I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I think the biggest thing that bugs me is just that it has to be a big deal. Like why can't I just like guys and move on with my life?

I still haven't told one of my best friends since like kindergarten for this reason. I know he knows, and another friend keeps telling me I should tell him. I wish it could just be what it is though, and I don't have to have this conversation with all my friends.

At the same time, I don't regret it. I couldn't imagine not liking guys... bastards have to be so cute!

I can definitely relate. I actually have a friend who I've known since we were both 5, and for whatever reason I also cannot bring myself to tell him. It took me a LONG time to tell anyone to begin with, but with him I just can't. It's weird.

I really feel how you feel though. I wish coming out wasn't even necessary. If you're a guy and like guys (or a girl and like girls), who cares? Hopefully one day people will have that attitude. I think it is slowly moving in that direction.

Tyrion Wrote:and for whatever reason I also cannot bring myself to tell him.

If you've been friends that long and you understand he does not know then this "for whatever reason" is what I'm interested in hearing more about. If you can't just be gay around your friend, then what have you been doing all this time around him? Not being gay? Do you maintain some sort of way of acting/being when he's around other than how you really are when he's not? I am really truly not intending to be a smart ass here.

I ask that because I am just not sure what "being straight is easier" can be if that's what you've actually "been" around him instead of gay.

It's so easy to complicate things more than needed to move forward sometimes so I don't mean to dig to deep. Knuddel
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I often think about the same thing. just about every guy at work has a wife or gf, normally I sneak away when they start talking about women(in extreme detail Sad ). everyone assumes that every guy has at least a female friend with benefits, so far only one guy doesn't assume everyone is dating or even straight but I didn't want to even hint at being gay to him because he is a pastor, you know how that goes.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

CCRox Wrote:If you've been friends that long and you understand he does not know then this "for whatever reason" is what I'm interested in hearing more about. If you can't just be gay around your friend, then what have you been doing all this time around him? Not being gay? Do you maintain some sort of way of acting/being when he's around other than how you really are when he's not? I am really truly not intending to be a smart ass here.

I ask that because I am just not sure what "being straight is easier" can be if that's what you've actually "been" around him instead of gay.

It's so easy to complicate things more than needed to move forward sometimes so I don't mean to dig to deep. Knuddel

Not entirely sure how to respond, but I get what you're saying.

In attempt to answer.. I think I'm naturally "straight acting", so I'm not really acting any different than I would. Honestly though, up until a few years ago I didn't even really accept the fact that I was gay myself. I'm still learning how to be 100% okay with it, and only recently have come out to a few people in person..

As for my best friend, he grew up in a fairly bigoted household who's dad is still very anti-gay and racist, so I'm not entirely sure how he'd react. Even beyond that, I worry about how people will perceive me after the fact.. if they'll look at me differently / negatively, even if I don't think they're homophobic or anything..

I think by saying "being straight is easier", I mean that if I were straight I wouldn't have to deal with any of it. I wouldn't have to worry about who knew or who didn't.. how to come out to people.. etc.

Being straight is naturally accepted by everyone. Being gay isn't. That's what makes life harder for me (and others), I guess?

I'll get over it. It's just the way I feel at times.