Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck in a rut
I feel like I'm stuck in a rut...every week seems to be the same. I go to work everyday, hate it and just want the day to end. I look forward to the weekend so I don't have to work anymore. The weekend comes, but my friends are rarely around so I sit in my apartment feeling really lonely...the last few weekends I've gone the whole weekend without talking to a single person. Then Sunday comes and I start dreading work again, and on Monday the cycle repeats. I really wouldn't care at this point if I dropped dead tomorrow...there isn't really anything to look forward to anymore. I'm not really sure what to do, but I feel super lonely right now :/.

LNahid2000 Wrote:I feel like I'm stuck in a rut...every week seems to be the same. I go to work everyday, hate it and just want the day to end. I look forward to the weekend so I don't have to work anymore. The weekend comes, but my friends are rarely around so I sit in my apartment feeling really lonely...the last few weekends I've gone the whole weekend without talking to a single person. Then Sunday comes and I start dreading work again, and on Monday the cycle repeats. I really wouldn't care at this point if I dropped dead tomorrow...there isn't really anything to look forward to anymore. I'm not really sure what to do, but I feel super lonely right now :/.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, this is what you call "life".

You are the only one who can redirect the path of what you take.

take up new hobbies, join new groups to expand your social circle, look to maybe volunteering for a cause, and most of all.....update your resumé and send it around!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Be more social. Volunteer work, take a course at a community school, something that can keep you busy and you look forward to. Even go out and start dating if you don't already. Also like Cellar suggested, look around for new job opportunities.

I thought there was a thriving LGBT scene in Toronto, why not get some information and go out and get involved Smile

ObW
X

This is not at all unusual.

Sounds a hell of a lot to what my life is, so I know what you mean. It happens to a lot of people too.

My first advice to you and it's something I'm trying myself:

Staying alone at home will make things worse. I know doing stuff alone sucks, but it's better than to sit at home on your own. Go out there and do some stuff for yourself, keep trying the friends until they are available. Breathe fresh air. Who knows? Going out there you might just meet new people.

As for the job if you don't like it, the logic thing (of course, only if it's feasible) would be to change it, perhaps?

Also, I don't know your work schedules, but when you're done take a walk and don't go straight home.

That also helps

Thanks for the responses guys. I've already started looking for a new job, and got an invitation to write a test for a position at the Ontario Government last week. I currently have a 20% chance of getting this position based on previous years' statistics. But even if I do get this job, I still feel pretty hopeless about all other aspects of my life :/.

I try to stay at home as little as possible, but it doesn't seem to help these days cause I'm still alone all the time. Joining a group would be good, but I'm not really sure what would be a good fit for me.

Switching jobs helped me out a lot, now I look forward to going to work and a couple co-workers invited me to hang out.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Welcome to the Average Adult Life. This is what a majority of people do, work a long ass week at a job they dislike, get time off where they spend that time dreading when they have to go back to the old Grind stone, the Pits, Hell, whatever sweet nickname they give their so called 'career'.

Typical reasons why people don't do fun stuff on weekends because they didn't to the laundry during the week, or clean the house, or grocery shop, or mow the lawn(s) or.... you know all of the stuff people put off to the weekend when they hope after they sleep in they will have more energy and enthusiasm about washing that stack of dishes, or sorting the coloreds out of the whites for washing (or worse having to go to the laundry-mat).

I talk about the realities of adult life and what 20 year olds are looking forward to learn real quick in that first decade when they are away from home. Most have this notion that their job will be along the lines of a hobby, something they do occasionally to keep a roof over their head and that they will have fun most of the rest of the time.

Then they discover that rent is expensive, wages are cheap, and then there is all the bills that come due for that fun stuff - like watching TV when you come home exhausted from putting up with that Bastard (your boss, or coworker, everyone has 'The Bastard' at work). Cable bills, telephone bills, electricity, internet service, car insurance, blah blah blah....

LNahid2000 Wrote:I'm still alone all the time. Joining a group would be good, but I'm not really sure what would be a good fit for me.

More than 150 years ago, Thoreau wrote the words "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

Don't worry about what would be a good fit - go out and try something on - If the shoe doesn't fit don't wear it. You're in a thriving metropolis (I envy you that). If at first you don't succeed, try another shoe store.

If it sounds like I'm preaching at you, note that I'm grappling with the same issues.