Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is What's Wrong With Gay Dating
Everyone is a two faced lair...

[Image: 16387118_1236481543101811_48993532136781...e=590AA322]

And yes I have seen almost exactly this before and it is infuriating.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

mmm, perfect example for a psychology class, the Id and Super Ego

"The id is the primitive and instinctive component of personality. It consists of all the inherited (i.e. biological) components of personality present at birth, including the sex (life) instinct – Eros (which contains the libido), and the aggressive (death) instinct - Thanatos.

The id is the impulsive (and unconscious) part of our psyche which responds directly and immediately to the instincts.

The superego incorporates the values and morals of society which are learned from one's parents and others. It develops around the age of 3 – 5 during the phallic stage of psychosexual development.

The superego's function is to control the id's impulses, especially those which society forbids, such as sex and aggression. It also has the function of persuading the ego to turn to moralistic goals rather than simply realistic ones and to strive for perfection."

SilverBullet Wrote:mmm, perfect example for a psychology class, the Id and Super Ego

"The id is the primitive and instinctive component of personality. It consists of all the inherited (i.e. biological) components of personality present at birth, including the sex (life) instinct – Eros (which contains the libido), and the aggressive (death) instinct - Thanatos.

The id is the impulsive (and unconscious) part of our psyche which responds directly and immediately to the instincts.

The superego incorporates the values and morals of society which are learned from one's parents and others. It develops around the age of 3 – 5 during the phallic stage of psychosexual development.

The superego's function is to control the id's impulses, especially those which society forbids, such as sex and aggression. It also has the function of persuading the ego to turn to moralistic goals rather than simply realistic ones and to strive for perfection."

I guess that stems from all the other bullshit guys do. Can't decide if they want to fuck or go on a date. Perhaps that's why so many guys get cold feet after a hot date, can't figure out if it was really good for them or if they really like person. Talk about having your blinders on.

But yeah I remember all this stuff from PSY-150, if you a fan of Freud anyway.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:But yeah I remember all this stuff from PSY-150, if you a fan of Freud anyway.

Personally I thought he was a little bit crazy :S. The whole parental attraction thing kinda painted him a wacko imho.

SilverBullet Wrote:Personally I thought he was a little bit crazy :S. The whole parental attraction thing kinda painted him a wacko imho.

Yeah he was...That whole bit was creepy...

So basically under his ideas all guys want to fuck... they want to fuck hot people, in this case guys... then kind of like Maslow's hierarchy of needs must but no older than 28, no fats no fems....but where are all the good guys at? No to mention they must cook, clean, always be happy, can't get fat, must have lots of money too....

Funny how some guys wait and wait and everything must be perfect, got to wait for the right time so I'm settled in things and everything will be great. When they get there it isn't. No matter how much planning and thinking you do, no better off than the nomad. I think when it comes to think I think we're better off, to a point, to worry less about planning, planning to a large degree is bullshit. Yeah having plans to build a building and all, plan to implement a LMS system at a school, but to plan something like a relationship and how, when and where to fall in love with someone is disastrous... I think it often leads to people feeling abused and confused, even though probably wasn't their intent.
Check out my stuff!

SilverBullet Wrote:Personally I thought he was a little bit crazy :S. The whole parental attraction thing kinda painted him a wacko imho.

Freud way ahead of his time and created lots of great techniques for psychologists to use.
But his own theories were basically unscientific gibberish.

Freud was like an ingenious carpenter who designs really great sawblades, so good every other carpenter on Earth starts using them. But when the brilliant carpenter tries to use his saw he slips and slices his own fingers off.

That's Freud, the incompetent genius.

TigerLover Wrote:Freud way ahead of his time and created lots of great techniques for psychologists to use.
But his own theories were basically unscientific gibberish.

Freud was like an ingenious carpenter who designs really great sawblades, so good every other carpenter on Earth starts using them. But when the brilliant carpenter tries to use his saw he slips and slices his own fingers off.

That's Freud, the incompetent genius.

That's a good way to put it...

So I'm curious why guys do the above. I'll see someone on Grindr who's basically wanting to slut it up and then a POF or Tinder or something else looking to get married...

I see that a lot, so yeah another problem is wondering where someone is....what do they want...
Check out my stuff!

I had to go look up what they acronym BB stands for.

Ah...
Use a condom.

well I think its like what I posted above.
They want both, a happy long marriage, and they want to slut it up.
ego/super ego vs ID

you could also say, mind vs penis.
or possibly higher thought processes vs hormones/bodily functions.

SilverBullet Wrote:well I think its like what I posted above.
They want both, a happy long marriage, and they want to slut it up.
ego/super ego vs ID

you could also say, mind vs penis.
or possibly higher thought processes vs hormones/bodily functions.

I guess it is an on going battle between hormones and the mind...and all the psychology in between. I guess that's what makes us crazy when we're crazy about someone...otherwise I guess it wouldn't be called being crazy about someone.... I guess if you take it all out of the picture it becomes more like I have a logical interest in them or something like that...
Check out my stuff!