Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the wisest thing someone has ever told you?
Miles Wrote:All of these...I want to have a drink with Lily Tomlin...but the first one is my favorite.

"One step at a time." Became a mantra for me about 3 years ago and I still forget it all the time...but it's saved me

I'll join you both for that drink...I would love to have a drink with her ...and you... too.

She is my favorite celebrity...ever...

One time when I went to see her at The Curran in SF when she was doing her Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe show....I realized over halfway into the show that she had convinced me that there was an entire roomful of "stuff"...and a huge set...

...but it was just her and a single chair on stage....

DAMN...she's good

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy Shit, what a ride!'" (Hunter S. Thompson)

One of my favorite quotes.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Norman Vincent Peale

Sensei Wrote:"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy Shit, what a ride!'" (Hunter S. Thompson)

One of my favorite quotes.

Thats one of my favourite too!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

"Never trust a fart."

This one actually cured me of fearing death. (for real!)

"The last day of your life will be just like any other day, only shorter." ---some wise old queen

"You're still young. What you need is not relationship,but experience".

Life is a Symphony and you are the Conductor.
We Have Elvis !!

If you can laugh at yourself, you'll always have something to laugh about.