Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do religious people not approve of homosexuality?
princealbertofb Wrote:He actually also mentioned resting one's head in the lap of a male friend. Now, that between a man and a woman might create problems in an Islamic country (but then I'm not even sure about that... got to ask Sudanese if it would be acceptable).

it would be regarded as doing sex in the street

Actually the ancient pre-christian religions embraced homosexuality because they saw it as power in gender, Gods such as Apollo and Diana were worshiped by gays and lesbians because that was one of their God traits, of gays and lesbians. Also many ancient Gods were bisexual, such as Zeus.
Valentines day if I remember right was a day that was mainly focused originally on gays and lesbians as well as celebrating all sex and love on that day by the ancients in Rome and Greece and had parties in honor of Apollo and Diana.
The Druids and native American-Indian's believed that being gay or lesbian meant that you had two spirits and you would then have a good place in becoming a priest or priestess, even an adviser to the ruling person at the time(usually so that if you were gay the king wouldn't be worried about you sleeping with the queen).
In ancient Egypt, homosexuality wasn't really cared about as the people didn't actually pay attension to it, there are pictures of a pharaoh, I forgot his name, how he was a gay pharaoh and it shows him and this other man doing the nose kiss, having their noses touch, it was seen as the most strongest way of showing affection in the ancient Egyptian world for a time, and pharaohs were seen as a God too so it brang religion into it.
With Hinduism, I'm not sure about homosexuality but if your born transgendered you're seen as blessed by the Gods themselves as Shiva and Kali? in human form as one physical being.
Ancient Sumarian's believed that if you were born gay or lesbian, you were advantaged by birth because the Goddess Inanna blessed them to become sorcerers and diviners before they were even born and they would have an advantage of becoming a priest or priestess because it's in they're stories that they were meant to fulfill that role in society for being born that way, but cursed by Goddess Erishkigal to be scorned by society if they didn't turn to Inanna's help.

So really, it's only monothesism that has a real problem with gays and lesbians not the polytheistic religions that I know of...

And one of the reasons why it may have been that christianity was against homosexuals in the first place was because many priests and priestesses were homosexuals maybe?, and if you want to get rid of a religion or an idea, you aim at the people who are the foundation of it; the priests and priestesses.

Sorry it was abit long this reply but eh...

Looks like my post will be off topic...but anyways.

The church I'm going to (In small town deep south of all places) is undeniably Christian but over half of the congregation are big gay rights supporters. I guess its because we're an Episcopalian Church. The Rector (or pastor) is the only female church leader in our parish (something like a county in Louisiana). It's one of the many reasons I go there Big Grin

What you need to remember about religion is that it has been translated several times and similar to the telephone game, the meaning of the orignal text is altered. There is no orginal translation in the bible where Jesus says that he hates gays. It is those who have translated the bible who disapproved of the homosexual lifestyle.

My view, and it might make some mad, but I feel they are being no better than Hitler by trying to force there views on gay people. There is nothing wrong with it. No where in the Bible does it say it is bad.

jknutson1978 Wrote:My view, and it might make some mad, but I feel they are being no better than Hitler by trying to force there views on gay people. There is nothing wrong with it. No where in the Bible does it say it is bad.

Generally speaking they don't advocate that we be put to death.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Unless you have the misfortune to live in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Yemen, Mauritania, Sudan (but bear in mind what Sudanese tells us), Nigeria, Pakistan, Uganda.

Perhaps life or more than a 20 year stretch is preferable? If so go to Guyana, Belize, Grenada, Jamaica, St Kitts, St Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Bahrain, Tanzania, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, Seychelles, Bangla Desh, Myanmar, Singapore, Afghanistan, Brunei, Soloman Islands, Tonga, Kiribati, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea or India unless the proposed law change has gone through.

If you don't mind a 1-7 years in prison there are 27 countries on the list and it is illegal in 13 others.

Not always like Hitler, but there are many places where being gay is unsafe ... including London at times :mad:

I dont think religion is homophobic, its the people who make it homophobic by being ignorant and close-minded that anything that they dont like, they basically dont agree with. I couldnt care anyway lol!

Im not going to lie and say that religion has served a great purpose on this earth because its religion that is causing all this hate and war on earth.

I believe that God is all loving and he loves me for who i am. I follow my heart, my heart says im gay and i have no desire for women. Women can be totally HOT and yes sometimes im attacted to them but once i see what's under the clothes, im like ewwwwwwwwwwwww. My eyes...they burn HAHAHAHA!

Anyway to summarise---i like dick and i like it that way! :o) Besides the world is overpopulated, so the more homos the merrier. I see it as population-control...

Most religious leaders are worse than the average religious person. Rather than preaching love, they preach hate.

Im all about love baby, who needs some loving lol Wink

Peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeee
x

JACOB-GABRIEL Wrote:I believe that God is all loving

You tell that to the folks he drowned in that flood or the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah (that story is about hospitality to strangers not sex). Rolleyes
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:You tell that to the folks he drowned in that flood or the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah (that story is about hospitality to strangers not sex). Rolleyes
The inhabitants of Jericho didn't have it so good either.