Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worries about HIV testing
Hello Gary,
Dont worry about going for a test as if your safe theres a good chance you will be alright.. I have been for two and my first one was negative and i went along this time and found out friday I am now HIV+. I will admit when your told if you want to know how to react that you behave in a way where you instantly go into shock.. Dont hit the pub and drink or get pissed because all your doing is more damage than anything else as its best to stay sober... If you do go along and it comes back positive i will help you through this and work with you to support you on here as im sure your offer help for me if needed... Its better to know than not because if you dont know you could end up sick and seriously ill and regretting it at a later time... Dont think its all over like i did when i found out because it isnt u just gotta re learn to love yourself and have a great cry...

kindest regards

aunty zeon xx

Oh Zeon.

Bighug

hugs zeon!!!!!!!!!!!!

@zeon

my sympathies to you man.

HIV never fails to shock me. perhaps this is not the thread to post this given the anxieties of the OP but it still surprises me how common this virus has become. more than i would like to believe anyhow. my first shock (which prompted me to get tested) was when i talked to a really gorgeous young guy in a gay dating site who was positive. i thought naively that it only infected thugs and lowlifes and suddenly i realised i could be as vulnerable as anyone.

A hug for Zeon. Bighug

You know you are very much loved here zeon Lovelove and you know you have all the support you want and need here.

A positive attitude certainly makes a huge difference. I am sure that with your always positive attitude and clear thought this new challenge will go well for you! Best of luck my friend.

If I could recommend a site that helps me a lot with my HepC stuff... MedHelp.org. I am sure that the info the members can share on the HIV/AIDS section will be very informative. I cant tell you how informative the members are... as well as how they advocate for one another on the HepC side. I am sure it is the same if not more on the HIV side. Probably a very large side there than on the HepC side and the HepC side is huge. If you have any questions about the site please let me know.

*btw, this is a great site for any indepth medical info... sometimes a quack will come on saying they have a cure for this or that and they usually get the cold shoulder - MedHelp.org can be a real diamond of a find Flash

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'll try to keep the positive thoughts. Thanks to Zeon for the post. I'll let you know how it goes when i finally build up the courage to walk through that door. which will be soon, trust me.

Dragoongary200 - their is a high likelihood that where you live - or close by, you can get an instant test - please check it out. Many time the test is free and you don't have to involve anyone, you don't want to. If they do charge, it usually nominal.

I know this does not take away the anxiety from having to be tested, but it helps a little. You get your results in a few minuets, and it protects you personal information, until you are ready to release it.

Keep the faith.

Zeon, my heart is with you.

MissingNYC Wrote:Dragoongary200 - their is a high likelihood that where you live - or close by, you can get an instant test - please check it out. Many time the test is free and you don't have to involve anyone, you don't want to. If they do charge, it usually nominal.

I know this does not take away the anxiety from having to be tested, but it helps a little. You get your results in a few minuets, and it protects you personal information, until you are ready to release it.

Keep the faith.

Yeah I did some research and found out we actually have an area hiv specific clinic that does free 20 minute testing.