Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drugs
from towleroad.com

i attempted to insert the chart image here but not. Mussant be a compatible image object so the link is
http://towleroad.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834...970c-popup

Former UK drug czar David Nutt has spent his entire career studying the impact of drugs on people's lives and society at large. Again and again he comes to the same conclusion: when familial dissolution, personal mismanagement and other intangible factors are taken into account, alcohol takes the largest toll of all drugs.
Here's a taste of his findings, paraphrased by Thomas Kleppestø:
In the diagram below both individual and societal factors are considered. It may come to a surprise to many readers that LSD and ecstasy are one of the least dangerous drugs. Notice also that Alcohol is the highest rated dangerous drug and that tobacco is on seventh place just below Cocaine (Both alcohol and tobacco are not even considered a drug by many people, including, sadly, politicians). However, heroin, crack and metamfetamine tops the list for the most dangerous drugs when only individual factors are considered, alcohol then dropping down to a fourth place amongst the most dangerous drugs. So, even when the obvious societal effects due to the widespread use of alcohol are not considered (alcohol rates very high, unsurprisingly, on “family adversities” and “environmental damage”Wink it still is the fourth most dangerous drug. Yes, that’s right. Alcohol nearly receives the bronze-medal for danger to individuals.
You can click on the image above to pop it out and take a better look at the breakdown.

via Business Insider and http://www.towleroad.com/#ixzz1zmO5Rqz4

Wow what an eye opener.
I can't believe that cannabis is only at 20.

I had to have a giggle at magic mushrooms still being around, I though after all the poisonings that occurred , no one would be game to touchy the gold tops and blue tops.

Thank you so much for sharing, it's appreciated .

Rainbowmum Wrote:I had to have a giggle at magic mushrooms still being around, I though after all the poisonings that occurred , no one would be game to touchy the gold tops and blue tops.

I've been around people who love the shrooms and sometimes if they heard of people getting poisoned by shrooms they'd actually go looking for those shrooms themselves (and at least once such people enjoyed the shrooms that put others into the hospital).

I did shrooms once. At first it was a tea and then someone brought a few more after the tea had already been made and we ate them. I was really cautious because I found they'd come from cow patties and only took a cautious bite out of curiosity. Right after I swallowed a guy collapsed (he'd already eaten some before he got to us) and what happened was his heart stopped for a few seconds. One of the others casually said, "Feels like forever, doesn't it?" I threw a fit (5-10 seconds, I think, but it was intense) because they didn't tell me it could do that. I briefly considered making myself throw up but decided since I only took a small bite and it was apparently rare that I'd be ok (and I was). It was actually an enlightening experience though I never repeated the experience.

Oh my goodness his heart stopped. I would have been freaking out.

I never tried them but a friend of mine did and she swears she was blind for six hours.
They had no idea at the hospital as she did not tell them about the shrooms , and apparently her pupils were not dilated, really strange .

My Terry used to have them, and swears time used to go backwards lol.

I've never done buprenorphine nor mephedrone but overall this chart looks good.

When I was young I did alot of acid and smoked alot of opium...and I quite liked it. I feel like it opened up alot more of my mind.

I dont' have alot of experience with any other drugs...tried cocaine once and I got so angry and uptight and I was afraid something was wrong with it but I realized with a little help that it had the reverse effect on me as it does most other people.

I never tried mushrooms and ecstasy was a big :eek: for me...mostly because when people first started doing ecstasy and MDA this guy one night right int he middle of a huge crowd pulled his pants down and started trying to get the pole up his ass...the pole was attached the the floor and the ceiling..he was trying to absorb it sideways. I had to go out and try to help him and he attached himself to my leg like a dog in heat and humped me..he was crazy with lust from doing X....YIKES.

I have a marijuana cookie I have been working on for a year now! I use it when I have alot of pain and it relaxes me and dulls the pain. Better than pills.

I generally avoid caffeine as I'm really sensitive to it. Even Granny observed that in me as a child and wouldn't let me have any tea after supper (and even then I only got one glass). And when I tried caffeine pills I became both sullen and paranoid, so I stay away from them now. I did do ok with a type of speed called pink hearts but they also seemed to regress me by about 10 years (so that I was like 5, mentally and emotionally) and something of a jerk because I was so thoughtless & random, so I stay away from all of that now. I'd never do meth, not only because I've seen the effects on too many people but because I figure if even caffeine and minor speed can have that effect on me then meth would probably drive me into a psychotic rage and possibly inspire acts that make the news (probably not eating anyone's face, but still...)

East Wrote:I never tried mushrooms and ecstasy was a big :eek: for me...mostly because when people first started doing ecstasy and MDA this guy one night right int he middle of a huge crowd pulled his pants down and started trying to get the pole up his ass...the pole was attached the the floor and the ceiling..he was trying to absorb it sideways. I had to go out and try to help him and he attached himself to my leg like a dog in heat and humped me..he was crazy with lust from doing X....YIKES..

Yikes, indeed. :eek:

But I've been around a lot of E users and didn't see that affect. Well, sorta....some actually said E made me into a slut but I don't agree. What E did to me was make me feel such love & trust for people that I felt very affectionate with everyone I met (once me and a bunch of complete strangers on E started hugging each other compulsively and we all fell on each other and kept hugging and running our hands over each other, and I later learned that was called a "cuddle puddle" and happens sometimes when many people on E get together). Of course many guys took advantage of this by wanting me to get sexual with them with mixed results (I was affectionate enough that I was very likely to fondle them at least in a very uninhibited way, though given I wasn't straight and I was lucid enough to realize the E was a chemical illusion I was thus careful not to put myself at major risk of STD, pregnancy, and/or rape, as much as I regretted the necessity of such caution), but I'd much rather give (and receive) a massage (or even just fingers over the body) than sex.

An interesting side effect reported by many women AND men is that while the sex was often better in many ways (which I attribute to both sensitivity to touch as well as the feelings of love & trust it created) they could not reach orgasm. Not only that but if something they came up they could instantly stop sex and not show any sign that they'd been screwing like rabbits just seconds before.

I only tried E a handful of times and stopped because I realize this WAS a drug I could get addicted to (most other drugs didn't affect me that way, normally I was curious, and once I did 'em a couple of times I lost any interest in them). But I did mix E with LSD once (known as a "candyflip") and found it pleasant...both the E and (according to others who regularly did LSD and candyflipped) LSD were muted but the effects of the E lasted much longer, the colors were even way more brilliant (though they hurt my eyes more the next day), there were some stunning visuals (truly ineffable), and I not only felt the love and trust of E, I felt God/dess and the Pulse of All pulsing through me. It felt truly magical.

I'd wanted to try hippie flipping (shrooms and E) but I couldn't get any (at least not from a source I trusted) while I was still experimenting with E as I heard it was interesting in its own way...shrooms and E don't compliment each other as good as LSD (so others who tried both have said) but more than one told me of how they talked for hours with invisible people only they could interact with and I was just so curious what that would be like. My drug experimenting days are over now so it's extremely unlikely I'll try it in the future, so I guess that's one experience I'll have to miss.

East Wrote:I have a marijuana cookie I have been working on for a year now! I use it when I have alot of pain and it relaxes me and dulls the pain. Better than pills.

My drug days are pretty much over but last summer a cousin really, REALLY wanted me to try his Rice Krispies squares made with his ganja butter and tell me what I thought and he talked me into it. I didn't try them right away, rather I was going to wait to watch some dvds that night by myself but the heat of the day got so intense, Granny's home (which was empty as Granny was in the hospital) had no AC, that I went to Mom's trailer (which had a powerful AC fan) and asked if she wanted to split some pot treats with me. She did, pulled out the peach brandy, and as long as the high lasted we got along so well, I think that was the closest me and my mom ever were. Sadly, when sobriety returned she went back to being so distant with me (she's such a bitter Scorpio).

But hey, I'll treasure that day made possible with Mary Jane anyway. Confusedmile:

Doesn't surprise me in the least that LSD is so low. X is pretty right on once in a blue moon, as long as it's not cut with something crazy. Did it for the first time in a year July 4th, felt awesome all night, came down and got depressed, told the chemicals in my brain to go fuck themselves, felt absolute gratitude* for all the good things and beautiful people who have made homes in my life and allowed me to make a home in theirs, started falling asleep on my friends' couch, was woken up by their adorable cat being hyper at 5:00am, saw the sun rise, passed out at 6:30, slept like a baby. Cut to afterglow. Show me someone who says this constitutes harm and I'll show you someone who's full of it. But that's not to say there haven't been situations where X precipitated plenty of events ranging from uh-oh to awful. As far as the harm LSD has caused this person, it's only opened him up to having the most fulfilling misunderstanding of God* he has yet experienced, simply by reminding him of things he already knew since long before he was born.

The ones that are high on the list are in the right positions I think. Poisons of mind and body. Heroin is a blight.

If you take shrooms prepare for a rainbow adventure ... Don;t freak out you will only make it WORSE... Any "drug" you take is about learning your brain to chill out and leave yourself move with the nature... I fyou take shrooms or weed or i donnot name it ( besides acid ) Just try to focus on the world itself not on yourself :X Best feeling ever,
DO NOT TAKE SHROOMS OR WEED if you ahve a personal problem!!!

Actually, both LSD and shrooms have been known to help people deal with mental health issues, and I've even read articles on that and how it should be considered a form of therapy (in limited and controlled circumstances). Oddly, someone told me that E even cured a vision problem she had (that is, a permanent cure even after she came down from the E). And pot not only helped someone I know handle her manic depression but that guy in the news who was thought to have tried to eat a guy's face off for using "bath salts" (a type of meth, IIRC) turned out to be mostly clean save for some traces of pot in his system. Thing was he was deeply disturbed but the pot helped him keep it under control but then he joined a cult that told him to swear off the pot and so he did and reverted to his previous psychotic violent behavior.

Just to be clear I'm not saying they're always the best choice, just they can be under the right circumstances.

Likewise many legal drugs cause all kinds of problems, from meds used to treat depression that drive someone to deadly behavior (against self or others, including a woman who drowned her children one by one in her bathtub caused by a psychotic episode triggered by her psyche meds) and create a need for more to gain the same effect while damaging the brain to like meds that cause heart attacks (a guy I know recently had to go off his diabetic meds as he couldn't afford them and it left some junk in his system that when the drugs stopped it nearly killed him with a heart attack).

IMO, drugs (legal and otherwise) should be used as last and temporary resort in all but the most extreme circumstances. They're undeniably useful (even the street kinds under the right circumstances) but overuse typically causes more harm than help.